Monday, August 21, 2006

First Day Of School

The time has come,
the day is here,
my Brattney's off to her freshmen year.

Clothes all chosen and bought with care,
not to dads wallet, it did not fare.
Thirty dollar bras, 7 to wear.

Great new jeans,
should fit me well,
and tops to boot, oh aint life swell.

Pencills, pens and school supplies,
Shopping done and I did not buy.
no lines, no debt, i say with a sigh.

Freshmen classes chose with care,
with help from counselors,
we may get somewhere.

For now the future has begun,
my Brattneys planned it,
one by one.

High School, to Hollywood,
for a year of fun,
then school gets another run.

Her plans are firm,
she has her goals,
her future is with in her hold.

Dont mock this girl,
for someday my friends,
you may need her,
in the mental health world.

Brittany has been spending the summer thinking about her future goals. I have talked to her for years about how what she does realy begins to matter her freshmen year. She has set her goals and wants to be a psychologist. While researching the classes offered, and let me tell you there are many more options today than when we were in High School, we discovered she can take psychology in High School, an elective course that should be mandentory...but it will allow here to get a gist of the field and make a final decision with some knowledge of the work it entails. For kids with GPA of 3.0 or better you can spend part of your 11 and 12 grade years doing "field training". Classes offered range from engineering to cosmotology...these classes provide you with college crdits also. Britt has decided she wants to do the cosmotology thing, which will provide her with 1500 0f the 2000 hours required for state licensure...enabling her to work right out of High School, and pay her way through college. That is after her and Noe spend a year in California. they want to spend a year "playing" before they buckle down and "grow up.". Cosmotogy could help her land a job in her first field of choice, but one she knows is a hard life to achieve, so while in Hollywoood she hopes to work as a cosmotogist, maybe even for the movies.

Funny how I look back and see that what I wanted to do at 14....I am doing.

Comments on "First Day Of School"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (10:39 AM) : 

Cute poem, hard to realize that school has started again, seems strange that school starts inthe spring - or did I miss our summer somewhere? I wish I could write in rhyme, everytime I try I get stuckl on "Roses Are Red, Violets are Blue". $30.00 bra's, I could ave outfittedher with $5.00 bras in a variety of sizes, her bras may be more expensive but I have more than she does. Isn't it outrageous that water costs that much, one uplift and separating water filled bra will only hold 1/3 cup of water, yet they cost $30.00. If she got those new fangled "living bra's", won't they starve? Enjoy the day, go play in a puddle with your little break up boots!

 

Blogger Tabitha-n-AK said ... (11:53 AM) : 

I took GAge today to 1st day. BUT, kindergarteners dont start till Monday. Guess it was practise.

 

Blogger Tabitha-n-AK said ... (11:54 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

post a comment