Thursday, July 27, 2006

Earth Movement!

5am on the nose...what felt like a semi-truck hit the house...my walls were quaking the earth was shaking...it even woke up all the teen agers...must have been one hell of a shake...as this normally does not happen untill at least 10 if they are not working. Not sure what the official reading will be on this one but I bet it is up there in numbers...hope that was not a build up to another one...maybe it is the reasons my family has been out of sorts lately...animals know why not humans? So what a way to get woke up...

earth shakes at dawn...fur rondy is closing it doors accoring to todays paper. No more "fur" involved here. Begich has still got a committee working on a "winter festival" but rondy as it has been know for years is a thing of the past.

thats all for the morning news......

Comments on "Earth Movement!"

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (9:36 AM) : 

5:19 ...woke he right up!!! sounded like Byrds bed was going to fall right on top of us!!!

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:56 AM) : 

On he national news, a 2.1 quake was felt in Fairbanks prior tomidnight - I thought to myself "so"! Those happen all the time but for some reason it was big news for those in that remote village by the muddy river. It must have been a prelude tothe one you felt this morning - I felt nothing but of course by theat time I was fishing and releashing fresh silver salmon. The run is on!

 

Blogger Anna said ... (10:48 PM) : 

BOO!...nice to know i can get my news right here...saves me the 50 cents...

 

Blogger john r mclay said ... (4:12 PM) : 

Although, not in my memory banks, Heidi says that I sat straight up in bed, rolled over, and slept sound for another 45 minutes. Kymber exclaimed of it waking her up (6:30 AM - playing video games). I said, "Pshht! Probably just in your dreams!"

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (9:31 AM) : 

HELLO WHERE THE cxzumtqx ARE YOU??????

 

post a comment