Thursday, July 13, 2006

It's Thursday...thats all I know...

Well gee...seems no one is blogging again these days...wonder what my sisters excuse is? Took the babies, Crystal and Donny to the lake to feed the geese...there were plenty of them to feed. Took the kids there a few weeks ago and the baby ducks, were mingling with the baby geese...this time the geese chased the ducks away...that is untill one stuborn duckling fought back...the little dude took on three gosslings twice his size and an elder with a bad attitude. This same elder goose took on Buddy for a hot dog bun...buddy got bit...the goose got clubbed...buddy walked with the bun. Never try to take food from that boy. Melissa was concerned that the geese were picking on the ducks and soon realized if she stood far away from us and threw her bread the ducks came to her, leaving the geese gobbling stale buns throw from fat dirty hands. The babies were so interested in eating the bead the kids actually touched them and they did not move away to quickly....untill the papa goose started hissing.
Was at least 80 today in LA...110 in my house by noon. Glad I was driving an air conditioned rig at work. Josh will soon be driving the BIG 7 up truck. He is hoping to someday to the "out of town" route. His bosses are pleased with him and he seems to be enjoying the work. He works best alone with assigned tasks to complete...funny how mommy is ALWAYS right!!
Donny too will be starting with 7up on Monday...he is replacing Josh as a merchandiser I do believe. If he gets a CDL he to can drive trucks....the company offers great bennys and if they do not screw up they could have good careers going here.
Ms Britt is spending as much time with her friends as possible...she leaves in two weeks and will not be back untill the day before school starts. Hopefully Keith will not be a jerk and nag the poor kid to death. She will not go back if he does...and I have told him this. Funny how easy it is to tell him he is being a jerk when he is 3000 miles away...and fun too. But she means everything to him and he usually cools off and calls her back after they have had a spat and I have told him off...he can NOT be the discplinarian when he only sees her for two weeks a year...not if he wants to keep seeing her anyway...this threat works well and he shapes up nicely for a while. Hopefully he will have a good time with her and she will come back happy. He is taking her to Disney Land...just them this year...no five year old to dominate the attention.
So thats life at our house...
oh ya Homer...well he is around here somewhere...I think I saw him last night...between the babies and a cell phone calls from work...well Homer says I am writing a book here so I will go...guess I am borred or something...............my reality.

Comments on "It's Thursday...thats all I know..."

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (11:02 PM) : 

I did not realize it was Thursday until I saw your Blog! Are you sure? Sounds as if you are busy as ever, that would be great if both boys got on at 7-Up, don't know how the Pepsi guy will accept that! The weddiong is still on for August 5th, they just got back from Kansas. Didn't you know that it was illegal to feed any type of wildlife in Alaska? Now those poor little ducks and geese will never go back to their natural feed, especially after a hot dog! I hear they really like Vienna Sausage!

 

Blogger Shana said ... (7:47 AM) : 

let me tell you..some one should inform those thieving birds that a bag is not always edible...they swarm at the sight of a plastic bag and begin hissing like their mugging you...better always have something to give them or they may just eat you!! 7up and Pepsi are "sister companies" Big Guy should be pleased he now has family working for his preciouse pepsi...I drink 7up and A&W root beet...but I will still drink COKE!!!

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:30 AM) : 

I am not sure what the relationship exists between Pepsi and 7-Up. Pepsi quit distributing 7-Up a couple of years ago. If you notice in all of the stores, there is no 7-Up product in the Pepsi coolers. Jan's Distributor is one of the distributors in Anchorage that I use to order it from, but sales was so low for 7-Up that I stopped stocking it. I am anxious to try that new product A&W Root Beet! Is it red in color like Beet Juice? I bet Golden Grammy would love it, she loves beets! I like the A&W Root Beer, I will have to try this Root Beet! Hav e a good ehmeeef day.

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (10:05 AM) : 

Pepsi took over 7-ups packaging a few years ago...Coke use to do it...but not now!!!

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (10:05 AM) : 

or so i heard...

 

Blogger Shana said ... (5:51 PM) : 

well someone will just have to ask Josh huh? Bet he would know the answer.

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (10:50 PM) : 

or GOOGLE IT it!!!

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (10:56 PM) : 

Heres the history.... http://www.sodamuseum.bigstep.com/generic.jhtml?pid=4

but htey don't mention who bottles it... they did merge with Dr Pepper in 1988...

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (11:03 PM) : 

I found it.... Pepsi used to distribute it... until they came up with Seirra Mist in 2000 ... now they are bottled by both pespi and coke...and other small companies...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_Up

go look it up....pretty interesting stuff

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (10:30 AM) : 

When Pepsi came out with Sierra Mist, do you know who was offered a "tryout" position by a talent agency to do the commercial?

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (1:56 PM) : 

No who?

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (12:38 AM) : 

A number of years ago, a lady tracked me down at the video store after she had visited the AA. She was a talent agent from Anchorage. She was contracting a commercial for BP and was looking for a fisherman and was referred to me. She was looking for a grandfatherly figure to shoot in a commercial fishing with a young boy. She took a couple of pictures, then decided that I looked grandfatherly enough and asked if I knew of any little boys that could act as my grandson. I suggested that it would have a bigger impact if it was a little girl and I had just the right one for her. She thought it was a great ideal, made a quick phone call to her office and got approval. The little girl was Sierra. I showed her the location on the river, the old bridge up on the Northfork Road. They were going to shoot a kayak scene in Halibut Cove and then shoot our portion of the commercial in the afternoon for the lighting. I worked with Sierra on a little fly casting and had her all outfitted. By the time they got ready to shoot the commercial, it was cloudy, consequently our segment was canceled. Later that winter, she called me from Anchorage and they had been reviewing pictures on file and come across mine and wanted me to come up to Anchorage to try out for a part in a Sierra Mist commercial as a sceientist. I asked wahat the product was and she told me a new drink but had no idea who the corportate sponsor was or anything about it. Since it was an unknown product to me, I passed on the opportunity - damm, Hollywood may have been the next step if only I would have!

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (10:01 AM) : 

Dang ...I remember something about that...whay would you pass up the opertunity. Okay...Now we need to get you set up again...I will need a few profolio pictures and we will try this again!!

 

post a comment