Sunday, July 16, 2006

A Happy Birthday Was Had By All

All I can say is I AM GLAD I DID NOT CLEAN BEFORE THE PARTY!!! Spent the day getting ready for Britts Party. Her guests arrived arround 3 and were borred stiff by the time dinner was served at about 6...with so many people in the house...Eric thought of a great way to take care of the partiers that were hidden away in Britts room...we slopped them...filling a TV tray with BBQ meat and Macaroni Salad, placing 7 plastic forks into the meat, and a bag of chips...open the door slide in the tray and slam the door quick before any of them escape...
It worked well except Noe was the one by the door and I am not sure if she realized that plate was for them all.
After dinner John and Jen decided it was time to take her three kids home for bed, he has inherrited two boys, ages 11 and 6 and a little girl who is 5. Elizabeth will be thrilled when she returns and finds she has brothers and a sister now. Before their departure Donny thought I should entertain the kids with some balloon twisting.
I have been twisting all day making decorations for the party...Heidi started twisting when the idea hit me...a water monkey...thinking I was being cool...I filled a balloon with water...not our ordinary size balloon but one larger...tying it off I began to twist a monkey...was not bothering to think that the monkey pops quite frequently...this got the teen agers attention and I had an audience...untill the balloon popped...splattering me with cold water...and the fight was on...I grabbed my belt and ran for the house before all my balloons became amo...retrieved the old funky box we have and the water began to fly.
Not sure how many people were involved in this battle but the battle did not remain outside...balloons were coming through windows and doors, flying out windows and doors...Eric stayed hidden inside for the most part but eventually his dinner settled and he joined the fight. Heidi staked out the kitchen sink and filled balloons, popping her head out the door long enough to throw one at someone. I think this may be why my floor became a swimming pool. Not sure who won but I will say it did not rain on Brittanys Birthday.

Comments on "A Happy Birthday Was Had By All"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:20 AM) : 

Sounds like fun, glad I missed it! On the road today, will be there when we get there, 205.6 miles to LA from AP at an average of 47.2 mph my ETa is 4.36 hours following my departure which I have no concept when that will be!

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (10:10 AM) : 

We saved a few balloons for you!!

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (10:14 AM) : 

oh, I forgot - Devyn is with us, that5 means we willhave to have at least four snack stops - never traveled with Kymber so it may be more stops than that!

 

post a comment