Friday, July 14, 2006

It's Raining

Thank God it waited till I was done delivering the three van loads of balloons, the wind is damaging enough in this profesion.
Todays deliveries mostly consisted of the hospitol...got alot of funny looks when I walked through the door with 60 giant helium balloons...one lady even asked if they were all for one patient...man that would piss off a nurse...hehe...i laughed and informed her they were for the gift shop. Once a week we fill the balloons that are still unsold making them look fresh and new and we restock...usually keep 200 balloons in stock at Prov. Funny how many people buy balloons in the hospitol...that was sarcasm guys!!
Made a delivery to the Conco Phillips building...now that looks like an employer one would want to work for...every employee...except the gal at security, was smiling...they all seemed happy...and the whole downstairs is filled with a food court just for them....it looks like the one at the mall...and only the employees use it...to make it better...the food is free!!!! Guess that has something to do with the price of oil in China. Anyway it must have been appreciation day...I delivered them 26 cookie boquets...these have a dozen cookies and 7 balloons...all done up pretty like. along with 26 seven balloon boquets that come with half a pound of M&M's. Man that was a van full...and lets talk wind...thought I was going to see down town from an ariel view!!
Finishing that delivery I returned to the shop and found another one waiting for me that needed to go to the AT&T Alascom bldg....now this bldg my friends is on Government hill near Elmendorf...and it is a high security bldg...what do they do there that requires a level three, infared, cavity search, security system?
I got on Ft. Rich easier than I could gain access to this bldg to deliver a lousy four balloon boquet that the sender was too cheap to pay the extra 3 bucks for the M's. Tried to get the guard to just take it over or call someone for it...not a chance...took me half hour in security to make a thirty second delivery...the balloons were going to the guard right inside the damn door!!!
So to all those who are blogging about traffic...let me add my woes...TOURISTS!!! Where do they think they are at??? New York City??? Do they not see the street lights and the cross walk signs??? And whats with the old men in "wife beaters" and cowboy hats? Oh wait... those are the local drunks.
So my part time job has become a full time one...seems when they asked me for help they were "checking the water", their ultimate plan was for me to help Luis run the place for awhile. Pam is taking the kids and going out of state for to visit her family. She may be gone till school starts again...So I have graduated...I am allowed to bake cookies, package them and blow up the balloons...I am not allowed to "curl the ribbon"....even after 25 years of Christmas presents and over 500 balloons I still can not curl that damn ribbon!!! Stretch it yes, but no curls for me...
so Luis gets to answer phones, curl the ribbon, and manage the billing stuff (Pams job) and I get to have his...the fun part hehehe...I realy enjoy what I am doing...a bit tired but I am having fun..the house work is not getting done as it should but who cares when I can hide down stairs after work. good night all..............................my reality

Comments on "It's Raining"

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (10:52 PM) : 

YEAH promotion....the ribbon thing is it because you just can't do it??? Or that they don't trust you to do it?

 

Blogger Shana said ... (10:56 PM) : 

i just cant do it!!!

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (8:23 AM) : 

Another thing....YEah you finally learned how to "link" in your posts!!! Well almost....your "Cookie" page did not come up.

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:40 AM) : 

Ha Ha Ha, Shana cannot "kink" a ribbon but she has learned to "link" so that makes her a "linky kinky" learning to "dink" but she is still not a bonafide "kinker, linker or dinker"! Her secret word today is rouvyo. That is a rooster if you are a Mesican with a lisp!

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:57 AM) : 

Just checked my weather, the doppler radar shows that you are getting rain as we speak - we have a beautiful sunny day and not rain in sight - god it it is nice to live in paradise. Tonight, we will enjoy a "hot dog" roast atthe HITWRA, chips and highligted by my world famous "Root Beer Float" or perhaps even a "Black Cherry Cream Float" - perhaps both! Have a very good wstwm day in the rain!

 

Blogger HOMER said ... (11:02 PM) : 

did you remember to turn off the sprinkler? Oove ya Baby

 

post a comment