Monday, February 11, 2008

Spring....it's coming.

I felt it last night as I chatted with an old friend on the internet. Or maybe since she is in Australia she sent some warm air...either way...the temp has risen!! Winter is by no means over...may even drop below zero again...but not for long...the snow is wet...tells me it is warmer up above now...and the ground is going to begin to retain some of the heat that our longer days are offering...did anyone else notice it was day light at 6pm last night...and again by 8 this morning...the season has begun...the battle between winter and spring...first game ...Spring 1 win 0 losses
Winter 0 wins 1 loss

I got my money on spring...the odds are with her...especially if global warming is considered in the equation....anyone want to bet on winter?

Comments on "Spring....it's coming."

 

Blogger Shana said ... (10:59 AM) : 

oh and they still rely on day light and sunshine to dry their laundry where she is at.

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (11:19 AM) : 

I am going to bet on winter! Statistically, it is safe bet becvause historical records indicate that between February 15 and March 15th, the Anchorage Bowl area receives 57% of it's annual snow fall and at the sdame time, temperatures average 12 degreees colder during this time frame. Remeber, you never have enough snow for Fur Rondy, right after it is concluded you get a lot of snow and winter? I would like to place $100.00 if you are pauying 10:1 that I am right!

 

Blogger john r mclay said ... (2:18 PM) : 

I, too, would like to put my $ on winter - until April, that is - then switch my money to spring (depending on the time frame undisclosed in the betting)

 

Blogger Shana said ... (1:05 PM) : 

So...boys it is 30 degrees and rising...the snow is rain at the moment...you may be right on the snow fall...but I am thinking we are done with the SUPER COLD temps for this winter...

 

post a comment