Friday, February 01, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONNY!

My dog will not let me out of the house unless he goes too...then he goes to the sled and sits...when he realizes I am leaving in the truck...he retreats to the house...not to fond of riding.

Today our day started early...so I took him out in the bitter chill...man it is amazing how quiet LA is at 5am. He took to the voice commands of "gee" "haw" and "whoa" after just three trips up to the cul-de-sac. Being walked on a leash with me the "lead dog".

"A self trainer" according to the web site I found, is a potential "lead" dog...I also learned all is not hopeless for Ms. Lexy...according to professional trainers some dogs can still be trained well into their second year of life. Breeds like shepherds who naturally "herd" not pull. I will keep working her with out Mac around...hopefully he will train quick and can assist me in her training...another tip I picked up on the site.

I discovered a sled in Wasilly...gonna call on it today...although it did belong to Macky so it probably is costly...but curiosity killed the cat...I wont buy dumb...besides the web site said to talk to other musher's that have experience and someone will assist you in buying your sled...many "chain stores" sell sleds and gear...over priced or badly made...musher's do not like dogs being traumatized by a bad sled...so Saturday I am taking my dog, my tabogin and Melissa to the Young Mushers' Track on Tudor...I am going to guess there I may find some answers and possibilities...(may get me out of girl scouts someday...hehe)

So I bet you are all sick of hearing about my dog...well I could dwell on politics...but dad has that covered well...poetry? visit my brother in law...and besides that...I love my new and very addicting hobby...

Comments on "HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONNY!"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (11:06 AM) : 

Tell donald I said Happy birthday, I sent him Happy Biorthday messages on his site for two years in a row, but they were never reviewed! A hint that he should blog more than once every two years. As for Mac, as he grows into his skin, you may discover that he is going to be a better "weight pulling" dog than a "sprint racer". Did you know at one time the "World Champion" weight pulling dog lived in Anchor Point?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 PM) : 

I agree, weight, thats his ticket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:31 PM) : 

He might fit in a smaller weight class than the "BIG" dogs, as well, and be in the top of his...

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (12:12 PM) : 

Where is the "Reality", misisng out on asllthe blogging activity on this ground hog day - must be cold in LA because there is a lot of activity on the other LA blog sites.

 

post a comment