Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A House Wifes Dream Machine

All I want for Christmas....after all the years I have put into house work...I now learn I need to modify the plans on our retirement home...to fit this baby...imagine having coffee and cleaning the floors at the same time....

Ice damns have flooded our yard...yesterday we discovered this by the water seeping into Britts room under the wall. So I called the land lord who was here in no time at all...with him he had an industrial size carpet shampooer and a carpet drying fan that blew Britts posters right off the wall!! He even stuck around and sucked the carpet almost dry for me. Mean while on the outside Josh and Eric are "shop vacing" the water out of the yard...180 gallon vacuumed and hauled to the road for dumping....then a light bulb went off in my husbands head..."I am going to Home Depot to buy a sump pump." I vetoed this until speaking to the land lord...who just so happened to know where to get one....It must be nice having the keys to the biggest church in town.
His pump was not working well at 10:00 last night so I called Papa Wolf and he was kind enough to dig his out of the snow in the yard...now very soon my yard will be dry...although a new lake is forming on Turpin.
So I was informed that all I had to do is ask...and he would be more than happy to drag that beasty size cleaner over for me to shampoo...I could have it done in no time...sorry Anna and Erica...I know the maintenance man at...and he has access to a van cleaning system...bought for using in the portable buildings of their school...Three industrial size cleaners...which are no longer being used as they have been replace by two of the above....Now that's shampooing!

Comments on "A House Wifes Dream Machine"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (11:06 AM) : 

Where is all this water coming from? My yard is nice and dry. snow is gone, ice is gone, mud is gone. Withjn the next 36 hours, I will be draining the HITW, but somehow I have to save some ofthe ater so we will have an ample supply for the summer since it is going to be hot and dry all summer.

 

Blogger john r mclay said ... (11:01 PM) : 

someone spilled a case of dehydrated water last fall.

 

Blogger Shana said ... (9:08 AM) : 

I am beginning to think someone "rerouted" the water to fill their "duck pond". at 198 gallons an hour if the pump has been running for 36 hours...how much water have I spilled into the road? Now if the pump only pumps 198 gallons an hour...how many more hours will it take to empty the lake? Oh you need to know how much water is in the lake? consider it the unknown...but I do know the answer to the first question...Not nearly enough to drain a yard that is being refilled by way more than a case of dehydrated water.

 

post a comment