Friday, March 23, 2007

Confession

Okay father here goes...in hopes that you ground me to my room for a month with NO friends or phone!...remember the summer I took my first job at Dairy Queen. Well I did not always work the shifts you were told. One night I got off quite early and went over to the Jr. High....this was before the new High School was completed. I met up with some friends and asked one for a ride home...see you did not get off work till midnight and it was a Wednesday nothing to do in town...well my friend was Cliff Reid. He is older than Shane so I should be in trouble here...well he agreed to take me up the hill...I was planning on telling you all I walked home. We passed the drive way so Cliff sped up to go to the top of the hill and turn around. Just around the bend from our house...the road that drops down the bluff...a moose was crossing the road...Cliff swerved to avoid it but the moose had the same idea...well we hit it at about 65mph in his Toyota...I think it was a corolla..anyway the car became a convertable and we both were EXTREMELY lucky that we walked away. The Homer Police arrived and gave us a ride to his sisters house in town...I cleaned up the hair, blood and glass as best I could and returned to Dairy Queen to await my ride home. Well that day smoking saved my life...I was bent over lighting a cigerette when we made contact...this prevented the mooses head from smashing my face...although it did compress my neck...so am I grounded? please? What if I embelished the story a bit and informed you that the first car on the scene was a couple of tourists from Canada...a man who picked up a hitch hiker (female) and decided a road trip to Alaska would be fun. Well coming upon the scene they could tell immediatly that Cliff and I were a bit shook up...they sat us in their van while we waited for the police...and offered me a shot of tequilla...which I took my first taste of that day. Now am I grounded???? No!! Well what more do I have to confess....Okay fine! I will think up something....but mind you this was probably the last time I broke your rules while living under your roof...see I was also pregnant with Josh...the reason I had sought out Cliff in the first place...damn if I left it at that maybe I could get grounded...but I will add...he fished with Joshs father.....So...that moose...went to a friend of moms a gal that I baby sat for once in awhile...she lived down that road...so in a way it did go to our family...I do believe I ate moose stew the next time I baby sat for her...I am not sure if she ever told on me...but she was there to claim the moose before the cops had finished their report...Not your car, but if you talk to Shane I do believe he knows where the car is...I think it is still on the road....oh ya he knew too....Now am I grounded?

Comments on "Confession"

 

Blogger Shana said ... (8:09 AM) : 

Now before your panties get in a wad I was unaware at that time that alcohol causes birth defects...remember I am a genreation behind the new wave...but it was the one and only time I drank durring the pregnancy and it was only one shot...did not want a minor consumption....

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:08 AM) : 

Still got it! Shana that is so "old" news, thanks for the reminder however, it has been so long ago, it is just oneof those thngs you file. I knew most of the story within a day or two of it happening, if you remember right, I knew all the police in town! A couple of items, I did not know but not important enough to ground you twenty years later! Sorry, it did not work - continue on you are not restricted! However, you will have a couple of extra responsibilities at the HITW this season to pay pittance.

 

Blogger Shana said ... (9:29 AM) : 

Damn...whats a girl got to do to get a vacation!!!

 

Blogger john r mclay said ... (4:30 PM) : 

shana....

I think you ARE grounded...

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (10:18 AM) : 

You just keep slipping in and out - her4 one day and then disappear for three or four - how can I bug you if you and "Homer" do not show up?

 

Blogger Shana said ... (7:01 PM) : 

I am here just cant keep track of which blog to post on...there are so many

 

post a comment