Friday, April 20, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom!

I am ashamed of myself...the first year ever I have forgotten my moms birthday...okay I did not forget but 5 am was too early to call and stay in the will...and 10pm is to late. I did leave a message around dinner time...hope she was out on a romantic night with her husband. Mom...I was gonna send you flowers again...but your no longer at work and the thrill would not be the same...so I thought and thought and thought and am still thinking...Gidgets and Gadgets you have galore...and dad said "nothing in a box...we have over 200 boxes!" bet she has boxes for items taken to the city dump years ago...but the box lives on...
This is moms "box shelf" located in her crawl space which to her is not realy a crawl space. anyway notcie they are all nicely broken down and catorgorized by Holiday, size, and color. the larger ones are on the bottom as she tends to reuse these quite frequently...so father I honored you request and will not get her anything in a box...
Still unable to think of a thing to get the woman who birthed me...but I can say...Thanks mom for doing it...life has been the best gift I could ever have recieved for my Birthday...and I am sorry for being a "kid"...they are realy rough on their parents sometimes...I take back any mean hurtful, spiteful thing I have ever said to you...I admire you tremendously for not "looking for help" and raising us kids mostly on your own...(sorry dad). I now know from experience that you chould be crazy not deaf. Okay maybe deaf too...It takes a strong woman to keep a buch of young children alive and healthy for as long as you did...your strength has shown me many times that I can make it...your just a little thing...lucky we did not take you out....it must have been that big stick you always carried...oh wait...that was Heidi...must of been cuz dad woulda killed us when he got home...Thank you dad for that...not allowing us to disrespect the woman who gave birth to us...Mom I just want you to know that your the best mom I coulda ever had and I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!! HAPPY 60 BIRTHDAY!!! Be proud...stand tall...and know you are loved every day.....

Comments on "Happy Birthday Mom!"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (8:29 AM) : 

We have been celbrating, two nights in a row we had dinner out - great scallops last night and some very good wine. she did get her flowers as well, a whole dozen of them - she still has not figured out how they got here in the middle of the night. I will make sure she sees your posting.

 

post a comment