Thursday, October 19, 2006

Sorry John

To settle this Mt. St. Helens thing...well John...the Mt erupted on May 18, 1980 at 8:32am. This link will take you to a real cool site where you can watch the new dome being built via live web cam...it is awsome...Being from the area...we love to "virtual visit". This way I never need to take an umbrella. (which does no good anyway as the rain blows sideways!)

Comments on "Sorry John"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (12:11 AM) : 

Way to go "Security Site", you saved me a lot of trouble and time researching somehthing that I already knew from the vast knowledge of my mind. Although, I thought the mountain erupted at 7:32 am on 5/18/90 - then I realized that is because I was in Alaska and an hour later, I remember it well, I was just sitting down to have my morning coffee and birthday cup cake when it was broadcast on T.V. that it was erupting. I thought we felt tremors from it, but then discovered it was just a truck load of gravel going down Baycrest Hill. Shana, we need to do something about your security, WV is bad enough (voaknbew) but the new addition has to go away! I appreciate that it is a secure zone but what we protecting it from? I bet I get this WV wrong! See again, "I Told You So", I will try critgthn now.

 

Blogger Shana said ... (1:02 AM) : 

okay now that I have figured out how to get into my own account...Sister...come dinker with this and find out what "beta" is all about...meant to hit the cursor into that damn WV box...hit "merge to beta" instead...any way...dad...I believe we were in Anchorage when St. Helens blew...and Homer when Augusting went...the cloud from Augustine was awsome...with St. Helens we just got scattered ash I think...who knows...I was 13 and my social life was much more important than a dumb ol' volcano....iqaltyc to you all...

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (12:32 AM) : 

In the 80 eruption of St Helens, we were in Anchorage, but in the 1990 eruption of St Helens, at lerast I was in Homer, I don't know whre you were. Nesxt you will be trying to tell me that St Helens did not erupt in 1990.

 

post a comment