Monday, October 09, 2006

Battle for Winter

I love winter storms. The wind blowing from warm to cold....a battle of the elements of nature...fighting for control...and eteral circle...a battle that never ends. Winter will prevail...it always does...but soon the battle will begin again...and it is garenteed that summer will win the next battle.
The wind is trying hard to relocate my tomb stones, and my buddy "Jack". The four foot poles my husband burried in the grounds to hold them in place should hold...I am not worried...but maybe the guy next door did not "anchor" his decorations and they will "blow" their way to my yard.
This particular neighbor works with Eric. He does his yard up for the Holidays and does a mighty nice job. A message was passed to my husband the day after I put up the first round...the message stated a chanllenge..."Your decorations are puney." I have been assured this was a friendly challengs and can only assume the four hours and several hundred dollars he invested this weekend was in an attempt to out do me!
Bad choice as I have divedends too!!!
Due to his position as foreman and his lack of children in the home...he may beet me this year...but look out buddy...I dont lose the decoration war and NOT retaliate!!! Christmas is coming!!!
So my husband built me a coffing!! Now as you all know my husband tends to make things rather robust but he did well on this coffin...it will fit him nicely. Today I plan on "decorating it" and placing it in the yard before Tommy gets home at 6. Soon there will be a lid and a "knocker" as this coffin will be the "door to the other side." It should fit most of the children well...dressed like zombies it will make a great addition to a haunted house should I get the motivation to go that far!
a Three foot spider is taking form in my bedroom at this very moment. He scarres the kids right out of my room...he may stick around for awhile.
The spruce tree is perfect for a "spider condo."
The rats are breeding and will soon make an appearance gorging on internal organs. (At the moment we are waiting for the ten pound cement weights to dry.) (
These little dudes will blow away easy.)
Donny has found some good web sites on how to make your own animated monsters. I do believe I know where I can find an amazing array of "wheels, motors, hoists, and stuff." With these I am sure we can come up with an animated monster. I am also working on "costumes" for Erics remote control cars!!! A black cat would "freak someone out".
So now you know what I am up too....Tommy look out!! NEVER CHALLANGE A HARRINGTON especially when it comes to decorating!!!

Comments on "Battle for Winter"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (10:12 AM) : 

I put out a great looking plastic pumpkin! I am alreeady done, the seven "P" principle does work!

 

Blogger john r mclay said ... (9:41 PM) : 

We have a start on a spooky front yard - thanks to Dev's incentive

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (10:43 PM) : 

piece by piece...it takes time.

 

Blogger Princess Sarah said ... (7:14 AM) : 

I love decorating for halloween, however I need more decorations as I have a house that is too big for the few decorations I have, and I thought I had alot. I need to hit up salvation army or value villiage! Have apotfeopj Fun

 

Blogger real eyez said ... (9:09 AM) : 

6 p's Stan...

 

Blogger Shana said ... (9:16 AM) : 

1. Prior
2. Planning
3. Prevents
4. Piss
5. Poor
6. Preformance
7. Prison
8. Pregnancy
NOPE THERES "8"!!

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:37 AM) : 

Shana added #7 and #8 all along it has beenthe traditonal 6 P's.

 

post a comment