Thursday, September 21, 2006

Nap Time!

I cherrish nap time...if I am real lucky at least 3 of the 4 will go down at once...today I may get 4 out of 4...
Some people say it takes a psychotic person to work with one...I say every one is psychotic...only some of us will admitt it.
Pyschiarty has many different studies and many different techniques. It is a field that is not agreed on...a field where it is hard to tell when improvement is being made...little steps...
I am interested in helping people "adapt". Life has many changes for us and many people can not navigate change...these people learn early on how to "hide" behind defenses some of us do not even realize they have. You can know someone forever...but you will only know the person they let you know. I have seen this first hand...I have been this person...I have studied this person...and I have realized...honesty with yourself is the only way to true "good mental health" or happiness. Honesty with yourself is the hardest thing a person can do...no one wants to admitt they have issues or even subscriptions....honesty with one self is the basis of all relationships...you can not have a good complete relationship with anyone IF you "hide behind lies to yourself." Just wondering if I am off base here...but dont we all tell ourselves even "little lies" to help make it through the path we call life....?
My lie to myself...I have convinced myself over the last several years that I am not strong enough to get a job and be a mom, wife, housekeeper etc...I know it can be done...I have seen it...but at what sacrifices else where?
I now realize this lie was to cover up a fear of failure...being a loser is one thing...being a failure is another....but failing is how we learn...failing is okay as long as you tried to do your best...not everyone is good at everything....

Comments on "Nap Time!"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (12:32 AM) : 

Some very good and astute thoughts. There is only one person that ever knows the real you and that is yourself. Knowing this, each morning when I stand in front of the mirror to shave, I discuss many things with myself, it is a time of reflection upon one self, but the only comment I ever get back from my reflection is "you are really weird"! but to me, that is normal. But one thing I have learned in life is that the only failure, is not trying at all. Somethings work, some things do not work, you learn, you go on and that is life. Why don't you try analyzing Word Verification, start on this one xoeyk

 

Blogger Princess Sarah said ... (12:35 PM) : 

I do agree with what you are saying, and we always need to remember we are our own worst critic, I know I cant look at myself in a mirror for too long or I start to anylize and critisize my looks or telling myself hurtfull things...all things need worked on so we can be truely happy. I love you girl
udxgok

 

Blogger Tabitha-n-AK said ... (4:18 PM) : 

Well I think you are just crazy! No I am kidding, no crazier than myself. I wish you all the luck in the world. Even something small, not requiring alot of hours , might be cool. Good luck! I am root'n for you.

 

post a comment