Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Mud Bath and Marshmellows

Awakening yesterday morning in a "Monday" mood...I took a bit more time with coffee and spent extra time with the kids before starting my day.
Melissa was busy messing up her room and Warren was helping me feed the fish. Feeding the fish has become a daily ritual for the boy. A self appointed chore. He loves the way the guppies chase the food and watching the snail suck the glass makes the child giggle with delight.
Leaving him to admire the fish...I made a break for the potty room...upon my return I discovered Warren bussily "remodeling" the "pish". I guess he figured they needed a change...
a plant my sister had brought over for the "unbirthday party" was sitting between the two tanks...the plant was still in the pot...but the poor thing had sacrificed "it's irt' for the "pish".
Peering into the big tank I could vagually make out the fish swimming throught the muddy water....the guppies being natural clows were loving this new "medium" and were bathing quite playfully in the piles that were settling in the bottom of the tank.
The shrimp were not quite so appreciative as they were interupted from their ever continuose meal to "dig them selves out" of the vast accumulation of debries.
the rest of the fish seemed unaffected by the brown water although the beta did seem a bit perturbed as to why his home would get vandalized so harshly.
Throwing the kids out I grabbed the water jugs, filled a bowl and began the process of "catching fish" one would think a net is easier than a hook and line...but one has never tried to catch my cat fish or the "gold torpedo".
With all the fish safely in "fresh water" the cleaning process began...and went on...and on...and on...I began to think it would have been easier to go for new gravell than try and get that damn water to run clear.
Finally after much help, a nice wet bathroom floor...prompting the clean bathroom...and a missing cat fish I finally had the tanks filled with clean water and "reset". All my little friends survived the ordeal and love their new "clean" home.
This process took just over four hours...and 37 missing marshmellows were found...some a little soggy and a couple were even purple...?

Comments on "Mud Bath and Marshmellows"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (5:12 PM) : 

Perhaps, your son deposited the plant in the fish tank, to remind his father, brother and uncle that they enjoy fishing in Ship Creek, which the color or the water and banks of this pristine river is similar to what he created in the fish tank. Perhaps, you should consider stocking suckers, halibut or flounder instead of guppies and angel fish, theese species thrive in the mud and dirty water. Way to go Buddy - keep up the great work! Make em pay for they put your grandparents through. Now come on, it is going to take longer to type in the WV than it did to do the comments - isn't qwnexmcqw getting a little carried away with security?

 

Blogger Shana said ... (7:38 PM) : 

Kind of figured the boy had something in mind...but I hope it wont harm the shrimp and snails I am raising as my newest "get rich" scheme....at 20.00 a pound for escargot...and 10-15 for shrimp...in another few months the money should start rolling in....

 

Blogger HOMER said ... (9:11 PM) : 

I have never fished shit creek, THANK YOU.

 

Blogger HOMER said ... (9:13 PM) : 

oops that was a typo Ship Creek

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:59 PM) : 

Homer you are spreading talking bufflao chips, I have it from a very reliable source that you were considering setting up a Fishing Guide Service on Ship Creek, that is why Donald and Plumma fish this fine river so the three of you have first hand knowledge of the river when you start guiding. If this is not the case, then why is it that a small ad appears on the internet on the Alaska Sport
Fisheries web site? The two telephone numbers are very familar, I donot mind if you use part of my busness name, I actually thought Metropolitan Anglers was quite catchy for a name. Have you been getting any calls, be patient, it will take a ferw months before propsects will want to start booking for next season. Good luck with the new venture, if you need any help, let me know.

 

Blogger Princess Sarah said ... (7:09 AM) : 

How crazy, my kids once put milk in the tank...not a fun task to clean the tank I will say. I feel the pain....what do ya say coffee day tomorrow?

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (10:19 PM) : 

Did my plant live....I took great care to grow that plant off spring....the original plant Buddy's great Uncle Deans. Oh yeah hope your fish are still alive. and just when did eric start guiding?

 

post a comment