Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Just 10 Days and Counting

Despite the crappy morning my day turned out swell...or it will as soon as Eric gets home and I go to bed! Trip to Wasilla was uneventful....Buddy fell asleep somewhere around Eagle River and I could not resist pulling off at the Kinick River and taking a half hour nap in the sun listening to the water flow by. Crystal and I went to Three Bears and took care of most of the grocery shopping for the Holiday weekend. Now I can pre-cook some of the meat and freeze it. The cupboards are stocked with snacks and canned goods...the soda is in the wheel well and now all I need is clothes and I am on the road....okay so I am not that far along...but I can dream right. Upon leaving the store Crystal invited Buddy for the night so I brought home Lou and left the little guy...Eric should have a fun evening while I am in bed...and he is feeding them hard crusty lasagna. hehehe. On the ride home she fell asleep...I again pulled over at the river and enjoyed another 15 minute nap...then a walk near the water with my little girl...she was pretty impressed with the river...although timid to get to close....wont complain there....we "washed our hands" in the water which she did not realize would be cold....pulling her hands back she looked up stream and asked for the hot water to be turned on....oh to be young again...with an unwarped mind and every adventure being a new one..... my reality

Comments on "Just 10 Days and Counting"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (8:33 PM) : 

Yuare really getting prepared, I do hope that you bought the ingredients for a dozen pans of sticky buns! Have I failed to mention that I am going to have a birthday in just eight days. Been so long since I have had a good cinimon (sic) roll, sticky bun, all one in the same! It was at your house! The only problem with them was that there was no doggy bag to take some home! I shouldhave taken advantage of them before Homer got home. Have a good gtnqac evening.

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (8:07 AM) : 

I am not sure i will get to baking this year .... Shana here's your chance.... to win points!

zspntsec

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (8:09 AM) : 

Those that you bake over the fire at the campground last year were very good. Heidi, once you get here and things settle in, you can always use your mothers kitchen. she has a stove and oven even! Wishing all of you a very klfbuf day!

 

Blogger Princess Sarah said ... (8:24 AM) : 

what about the search party that was formed while you were napping by the river and no one could get a hold of you? gotta love it.........qlctl

 

Blogger Shana said ... (1:02 PM) : 

hell I was only half an hour late...man I cant even get a nap out in the middle of no where without the kids freaking out!!!

 

post a comment