Thursday, April 06, 2006

Hello my friends and family...

Just a quick note as buddy screams at my feet...a good writer...needs critics and editors...I post my writings so my "critical" family can find an outlet (please be nice my feelings are hurt easy) I am hoping that you guys can help me perfect my writings and maybe some day my dream will come true.......

Comments on "Hello my friends and family..."

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (8:55 PM) : 

We all aspire to be great writers, but the main thing all great writers have in commmon is that they write what they feel, in the words that they choose and it matters not what critics have to say. Everyone has their own style of writing or even speaking, as long as they are comfortable with what they are doing. We have all read articles where the author tried to use every word in the dictionary that no one else new the meaning, or descriibe something that they had no concept of. That is one area where I think our teaching society is wrong. They are teaching their students that there is only one way to write and that is the one contained inthe text book where the adverbs have to total the same as the adjectives and never, god forbid use to nouns in the same sentence. The author of anything should write in their own style of writing, as an example who was the best writer between Willy Shakespere or Mark Twain? They both wrote great master pieces of literary history.

 

Blogger Shana said ... (6:00 AM) : 

they sure did....but along with mother goose....their morals could provoke discrimination and discontent into our society...wanna rewrite Tom Sawyer or Hamlet?

 

post a comment