Thursday, March 30, 2006

March 30 2006 (maybe)

Well it is Thursday morning...a bit late formynormal post but the paper had to be read...nothing of interest in it realy...just the front page with a picture of the monsterous power poles Chugiach has errected up Northern Lights....This my freinds has people in this area pretty upset...not your normal power pole...but BIG RUSTY Ugly ones....kills the view of Mt. Mckinnley on a clear day...so the power company says they had to go big...height restrictions for live wires make it so...cant put the cables undergraound...takes to long to respond and fix a problemm...not to mention in the process of errecting the things they broke a gas line and we had issues there for two days.
I understand the need tosupply power to our continously growing community but asthetic beauty goes a long way too...could we not have some groupe....like the Girl Scouts volenteer their time to "Paint" these . blend them into the enviroment a bit.... Now lets discuss security of these poles...watching them errect them...they dug a hole about twenty feet deep...filled it with concrete and a "base" ( another long pole that sits into the hole and has a platform with four BIG bolts on top) using a sky crane they then mounted the BIGGER pole to the base...securing it with...you guessed it four nuts.....Now the average house hold does not have a tool big enough to turn these monster size nuts....but I do not live in the average household...my husband just happened to purchase for 350 dollars mind you....a socket set...it has only 2 sockets in it but I can fit my fist into one of them....my guess is this socket will fit those nuts...so if I can get hold of a tool to remove a nut that big....my guess is anyone could...so how can they garentee me that some idiot with no common sense about electricity...(a boy scout?) will not decided these are ugly too and begin the disassebly process.......just a thought to ponder.....

Comments on "March 30 2006 (maybe)"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:00 AM) : 

"Tinker" Belle Hedi cheats in Hyperbole Trivial Pursuit!

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (8:12 PM) : 

I am NO CHEATER....and it Dinker!!

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (9:04 PM) : 

I agree....with your post....sorry about the off topic comments.

We were noticing a huge diffeance in the view driving east on Northern Lights. These power poles are awful, When she says BIG she means 8 to 10 storys high. And why would they leave them all rusty?
I beleive it is the job for Boy Scouts...electrical safety seems to be an issue.

 

post a comment