Thursday, November 08, 2007

Road Condition Update...

Dont know whats happn' up North...but on Turnagain Pass it is windy, rainy, snowy, frozen, slush on icy roads...Crystal reports that driving is better in the ditch than on the road...oh wait...
She could not stay on the road...her car was "deemed", by the State Patrol that pulled her out of the ditch at Summit Lake, un-road worthy for Hwy conditions.
Her and the girls are okay...she picked a small ditch this time...and a nice lady from Anchor Point named Eleanore was behind her heading this way...she is now transporting them to my home...there are nice people out there still...in Anchor Point!

We will figure out how to retrieve her car from Cooper Landing, where it was towed, sometime this spring...hehe kidding but I sure aint driving that thing over the pass!!

So we may not feel winter on us here in LA but it is trying hard to take over the high elevations...so to all the friends and family we have out there on the roads...Drive Safe...

Comments on "Road Condition Update..."

 

Blogger RangerBill574 said ... (4:56 PM) : 

Now who was this again? Do I need to come up and retrieve this fine sounding vehicle?

 

Blogger Shana said ... (6:21 PM) : 

Crystal is the mother of my grandchildren who were with her by the way...all is fine thanks to Anchor Pointers...a later blog.

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (8:43 PM) : 

A "road kill" car, never heard of such a thing. Glad that they are all safe and no one hurt. Winter roads can be dangerous, that is why I always make a point to always take my time, drive to road conditions, and do a walk around my truck each time I stop. Even got to thumping my tires with a baseball bat, a trick I learned from a trucker. So far I have dented three rims, dented the right rear fender (missed my target) and destroyed to hub caps but I got plenty of air. Another trick I learned this trip is to always carry extra windshield fluid. It is always a pain to carry, but I disovered that if you open your hood,there is room under the hood that you can store stuff like this. The only error I made was storing it with the cap down, I think it may have got a little hot, somewhere along the road my washer fluid disappear and all I had was a empty pastic jug!

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (8:49 PM) : 

What was the state patrol doing all the way up in Alaska?

 

Blogger Shana said ... (7:38 AM) : 

I think my sister lost her marbles...and father if you super glue the jug to the front bumper you can pull the hose and stuff it in the jug...reservoir! See ya in a few hours.

 

post a comment