Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Mac Daddy!


My Mac "Daddy"...
This little guy is good. (that little pink tongue is now black). During our trip south I decided it was a good time to work with this little guy without the distraction of the little ones.
On a leash he walks as far as I will give him leeway. He does not tug or pull. Off the leash he stays with in three feet of me, usually in front of me he does not like me "breaking trail". He appears to be alert for noises but he never ran into the woods to investigate any of the birds, or squirrels we saw.
98% of the time he comes when he is called. The other 2% he likes to play..."Catch the Puppy"...never running off but staying just out of my reach. I have learned that if I lunge at him he thinks I am gonna get him...then I run and he bolts for me thinking I want him to catch me....I tackle him...snap on the leash and he gets grounded. He does not like being grounded and in fact when leashed he will "carry" his leash and walk next to me.

Have had to spend very little time "educating" him. He is smart and catches on the first couple of times. Problem...he is afraid of the dark and will not go out the "doggy door" alone at night. This will change when he is no longer afraid of the BIG bull dogs next door. (I hope!)

A little fellow eager to make me happy...I just hope this continues...it has been way too easy so far.

Casualties of puppy....one phone charger, one lava lamp cord, one AC adapter, and a few chew marks on the piano, kids toys on the floor are free game...the kids figured it out quick...I no longer have hundreds of toys out at once.

Trouble does not tolerate anything from him, Rug Rat is indifferent and almost seems to like teasing the puppy.

Looking forward to having him next summer when I am out camping...
Hope all are having a good day. Toodles.

Comments on "Mac Daddy!"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:23 PM) : 

So his name is going to be "Mac", he is a cutie! Trat himwith kindness andkeep himwith you everwhere you go and he will make you a good dog - he has the temerpment to be loyal. Dutchis such a good travler now, he is our security dog when we have leave him to go into a store of something - just hope no one trys to break in!

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (6:46 AM) : 

He is just too cute!

 

Blogger Tabitha-n-AK said ... (9:02 AM) : 

he is a real cutie. WE want a puppy but it would have to be something calm and quite and not messey... lol

 

post a comment