Saturday, September 29, 2007

Romance?

WOW. After reading dads blog I have re looked over his itinerary and can not help but wonder...Have you two driven this route before? Maybe 40 some years ago on a relocation to Florida from Alaska? If this is not the thought behind the trip...I bet mom would find that oh so very romantic. Going back to the days when a hand held caused that tingly thing to happen in your belly....

Okay so lets talk Carl the cat. Did you know that in one year and a four day trial the custody of a feline was determined...In 11 years and many attempts at a trial...the custody of my children was left undecided until they reached 18 and I no longer needed to go before a judge....? Only in the good ol USA does a feline come before children of domestic violence.

Wanna boost your ego? Talk to Ben Stevens....he has a way with using "big man" to end all of his sentences....hmmm....

and...Michelle Linehan...What would you do if you were her husband...other that NOT get a life insurance policy. Ever seen the movie Black Widow? hmmm....

and last but not least...Was the man who rammed police vehicles in a grocery store parking lot, after a high speed chase in a stolen car that had been involved in a few robberies, wrongly killed? His companion thinks so...but she was sitting in the speeding bullet that was ramming cars while police officers tried to get him to stop...not standing outside the car like you or I would have been if we had chosen to do our shopping at that time.

Thats it folks...todays news. Have a great day in the rain.

Comments on "Romance?"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (4:07 AM) : 

Not the same itinerary. When we got married, we flew from Homer to Philadelphia where my ship was in dry dock. We stayed in Philly until May and then your mother moved by herself to Florida while I rode the ship back to our homeport in Mayport Beach, Florida. You mother has never been on the Alcan Highway despite the fact that she has lived in Alaska since the 50's - this is a entire new adventure for her. Dutch has never been on the Alcan Highweay either, but he is riding in style as the F-150 has been modified to meet his needs for comfort. As for me, this will be my 14th trip over the highway, but the last time I drove it was in January 1980. One dog, one cat in heat, and a big cab over camper - was not a good trip but fast!

 

Blogger Shana said ... (5:31 AM) : 

You had Sammy and Tinker. Tinker was a male though and could not have been in heat. Maybe he was just complaining about your driving. We got B.B. in Mesa Verde I think. Oh to be a kid again...I woulda road with you, but NO, I had to go live with Grandma and go to school....So instead I too had to drive it in January seven short years later.

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (6:26 AM) : 

Heath wasn't even one when we moved to Homer and Dad drove the Alcan. I remember because...Heath learned to walk in Anchorage in Dean's trailer (after we moved from Homer to Anchorage), and I was in Kindergarten. I am pretty sure the trip was made in 78' or '79!

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:21 PM) : 

I drove the highway in January 1979 so Heath was just a little baby. I was off a year, I thought Heath was older than that when we came up because I retired in 83.

 

Blogger tabitha_907 said ... (10:16 AM) : 

I think the custody thing probably went better than things did for Brittany,

I still get flutterby's and

as far as the shooting at the Carrs down the road, they killed a man sitting in a car they could have shot out tires or something, it wasnt as if he was gaoing to run on foot he was surronded?

 

post a comment