Friday, September 21, 2007

The time has come,
Fall is here,
I see the snow,
It's creeping near.

Leaves have turned,
fell to the ground.
It may be spring,
before the snow shovels found.

I sit and watch,
as days grow short.
Wondering about,
next summers sport.

Will we play in,
wind and rain.
Or will the sun,
come out again.

For now my friends,
I anticipate,
Holidays filled,
with lots on my plate.

Yummy turkey,
ham thats candied,
mashed potatoes,
and dads damn good candy.

To see the lights,
up on the tree,
I will thank GOD
he gave you all to me (and the cool gifts too).

But my clan,
please beware...
next summer games...
I'll win my share!!


Being a loser is not all that bad really. Ask Dana what she is going to do with all those winner trophies of hers.

Comments on ""

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (11:33 AM) : 

Love your Porker Trophy, perhaps we should have a pie eating contest next year! When all is settled, I will have all winter to comtemplate new games, I see a Mt. Marathin Race in the future or at least a Cross Country Dash - I get to be the finish line judge! Cute poem.

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (11:34 AM) : 

A Marathin Race is similar tyo a Marathon Race.

 

post a comment