Friday, September 21, 2007

The time has come,
Fall is here,
I see the snow,
It's creeping near.

Leaves have turned,
fell to the ground.
It may be spring,
before the snow shovels found.

I sit and watch,
as days grow short.
Wondering about,
next summers sport.

Will we play in,
wind and rain.
Or will the sun,
come out again.

For now my friends,
I anticipate,
Holidays filled,
with lots on my plate.

Yummy turkey,
ham thats candied,
mashed potatoes,
and dads damn good candy.

To see the lights,
up on the tree,
I will thank GOD
he gave you all to me (and the cool gifts too).

But my clan,
please beware...
next summer games...
I'll win my share!!


Being a loser is not all that bad really. Ask Dana what she is going to do with all those winner trophies of hers.

Comments on ""

 

Blogger Stan said ... (11:33 AM) : 

Love your Porker Trophy, perhaps we should have a pie eating contest next year! When all is settled, I will have all winter to comtemplate new games, I see a Mt. Marathin Race in the future or at least a Cross Country Dash - I get to be the finish line judge! Cute poem.

 

Blogger Stan said ... (11:34 AM) : 

A Marathin Race is similar tyo a Marathon Race.

 

post a comment