Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Moment of Silence

In remembrance of the terrorist attack on our country a few short years ago, and the loss of lives that day (I hear more died in the following years fighting the war so I remembered them too.) The local churches put out word for a complete 2 minutes of silence at the time of the attack...I made sure I was home from dropping Brittany at school because traffic was pulling over to honor the silence...the Anchorage Baptist Temple is on my way....Arriving home and in my chair I began thinking about where I was then...getting ready for oral surgery in Kenai...
The time arrived and I closed my eyes and tried too...the bells began to ring...more added to them...the dogs began to howl...a cat squalled...more bells...then the bus was honking...and the cars too....so much for a moment of silence....for two complete minutes...i timed it getting more stressed as the seconds wore on...the noise grew and I was sure it would wake the kids...making the decibel level even higher...I am sure the noise I was hearing today was nothing compared to what they heard that day on the floors of the Towers and with better planning next year maybe they can equal the volume...okay the dog next door can shut up now...everyone else has!!!

Comments on "A Moment of Silence"

 

Blogger Shana said ... (7:11 AM) : 

and I was trying to think of a blog for the day...

 

Blogger Tabitha-n-AK said ... (8:17 PM) : 

I finally got the whole google account thing up and going so that I can comment! Yeah!

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (10:33 PM) : 

Are you still observingyour moment of silence?

 

post a comment