Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A Day At The Lake

After the rain disipitated yesterday...I decided to get off my butt, procrastinate the never ending chores and take the kids to the lake...okay the free lunch I have heard about helped in this decision. So after eating cheese pizza, smoothies and milk...we were ready for a nature hike around the lake. Neither Britt nor I had ever walked around the lake so we were not sure the trail even went the way we wanted it too...Melissa took us on several "trails" that I was a bit worried about...but we saw nothing other that some fairly fresh bear poop...but not that fresh! oh ya and a mag pie and squirrel.
The trail on the back side of the lake, goes past the UAA so we watched cranes (the big metal ones) move things around and saw a dozer moving through the job site. Warren found this part of the day quiet interesting.
Upon the completion of the walk...both kids were sleepy but happy...I asked Melissa how far she thought she walked..."well, all the way mama." was here reply.

Comments on "A Day At The Lake"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (10:55 PM) : 

The hike would have been shorter if you had taken a short cut across the lake! A crane is what I need, it would make putting up the second story a lot easier. I think today, I average 43.5 trips up and down the ladder, the one time I fell off the roof does not count as a full round trip.

 

Blogger Shana said ... (7:29 AM) : 

lol...build a scaffold...you have practice.

 

post a comment