Friday, April 14, 2006

TGIF

Well my house is still packed with babies...
I lost count of the number of friends Britt has over at the moment...
I feel like duc taping the whiney mouths shut (no I would'nt but the fantasy is nice)...
Melissa is "trying to help" and playing "mommy"...
this makes them scream more...
got the new computer up and running...
there seems to be a "glich" somewhere...
Dont know crap about computers...
my mood sucks...
so I turned it off before I threw it through the window...
I did find out that my land is worth WAY more than the 350 Chugach offered me...
Why is it they try to screw you monthly then again on this type of thing...
Money is the root of all evil...
I was told going rate in my area is 3.50 a foot...those assholes multiplied that by 10...
guess they forgot about the other 46 feet by 10 feet they want...
so I was told to measure the property line, do the math, and double the number...
I guess it is standard for them to pay for the inconvience too. Maybe they spent too much on their poles and now must screw the people who pay their wages!!!
So I will keep looking for the positive things in the day...
It is not working yet,..maybe at bed time!
oh ya the nice man at GCI helped me fix my email account...My gci account is now running...
to bad Out look wont work!

Comments on "TGIF"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (7:06 PM) : 

Gee, it sounds as if you are looking forward to the weekend! As for your comments pertaining to the price offered for your right of away. I mentioned this to your mother and she said it sounded like a fair price because if they paid you anymore, it could affect her retirement account so she is asking that you give it to them for "free". Besides, it is a small sacrafice to make for progress and the betterment of the community of Anchorage! Being that you live in a metropolitan area, you do not remember the rural way of life in getting things accomplished. For instance, those big beautiful power poles that line your boulevard. They wanted to put some very similar to those from Bradly Lake, through Anchor Point to Anchorage. When it was pointed out that several eagle nests were located within that right away, the project was scrapped. It is also very possible that underground, high voltage lines can be very detrimental to the health and welfare of those living within the proximity of the power source. If excessive talking on a cell phone can cause brain cancer, what can a few thousand volts of high voltage do? If it were I, I would petition the City to declare the area an "Electrical free zone". When the good folks that live in the little hamlet by the ocean were concerned about the affect of nuclear power, they declared their city a "nuclear free zone" and since that time, there has not been one nuclear incident and everyone is almost "normal". Good luck with your fight over the right of way but can we spell "eminent domain"?

 

post a comment