Sunday, April 30, 2006

Just Another Day

Well three trips to the dump yesterday...sure wish there were four of me so I could have been every where at once...Crystal and Britt did a great job cleaning the house and watching the kids while the rest of us worked outside...Josh and Donny ran dump runs and took care of anything that needed "destroyed" to fit into the truck. Anna and I drug all the trash to a pile on the side yard so it just needed loaded....WOW this place has not had a major clean up in years I would guess...Behind the shed we found not one or two but 7 garden hoses....with the three on the house already and the two I found under the porch...we are ready for sprinkler season...too bad we only have two water faucets out side....
at one time the house must have had or someone was planning on a shake shingle roof...we found BUNDELS of shake shingles in the wood pile...all nicely banded and ready for "fire starter" should be enough here for the whole summer....Once I put the Heater away we had room for all three "play toys" and the hot tub appears to work...need a heater (erics heats the water up pretty quick but you have to stand 50 feet away from the thing to keep from frying) ....So the story of the day....

As I was cleaning under the porch Trouble kitty decided she needed to be there to chaperone. She planted her fat butt on top of the freezer and "talked" me through raking the trash and pulling the pallets out...her critisim was not much appreciated as at this time as all the kids were inside playing "computer games" or at the dump and I was feeling used...I bent down and not so nicely grabbed a pallet and pulled with all I had...see years worth of straw and grass had anchored these half rotted pieces of wood to the side of the house. Forgetting that I have a 25 pound weight limit I heffted this pallet to throw it over the top of the hot tub and get it out of my way...a HUGE mouse took off scarring the bejebus out of me....Trouble just looked on and sat...okey now...cat plus huge mouse...seems she would be a little more interested than a wag of her tail and a snort from her nose...then I saw the "bundle of straw"...knowing that this was probably the little mousies nest I felt rather guilty stabbing it with the rake and yanking the straw free...then I saw the pink squirmy bodies of about fifteen mouse babies...now this got the damn cats attention and with in two seconds she was on the nest making the most nasty slurping, crunchy noises, this mixed with the whinny cry of the little dudes as their sibblings were being mowed sent me into a fit of gagging....I too flew over the top of the hot tub...trying hard to get away from the guilt and the noise of Trouble enjoying an obviously very enjoyable meal.....So a small dent in the mouse population...a depressed mama mouse and a full cat....that is when I noticed that the area around the perimeter of the house was soft...they can not get in due to the concrete basement foundation...but they have tunneled near the wall and made a little city around the house....Donny decided his turn to catch mice had come...he spent the next fifteen minutes stabbing any hole he could find with the broom stick and trampling the soft earth down...probably crushing hundreds of poor little baby mousies....the cat will be bummed...but I hope the ones that are left go find the neighbors house....NO MICE ALLOWED!!! On that note the sun is shinning and the dump opens in an hour...seems I can have the truck ready by then...I am on my own today...so Lou Buddy and I have a lot of dump runs still....Eric is working (I swear he knew we had clean up day planned and him like my sister found "other work" to do) Josh and Crystal returned home untill Monday when they can hopefully pick up their car, and Donny got home at 4 and has to go back to work at 2...I think Britt and Noe are around here somewhere but you dont usually see a teenager before noon on a Sunday and if you do you wish you hadn't.......so to all have a good day and BE HAPPY!!

Comments on "Just Another Day"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:09 AM) : 

Spring clean up is always so much fun, your mother has been having a great time. She has got a lot done but her clean up time has been curtailed somewhat since she has been building Sandhill Cranes. Wish I knew earlier that you had a bundle of shingles, they wopuldhave looked good on the multi-purpose building. I have to figure out somehting the blue tarp does not do justice to the building.

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:16 AM) : 

Thank you Shana, you keep your blog site so neat and clean, always with a fresh article. You know some people run the same "posting" for days on end before they refresh it. Like you site but hate your word verification, I am lookijng at it now - ehsytveb - I bet I get the answer wrong when I go to type it in!

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:16 AM) : 

Now it is kebcfqg allthe lettters are crunched up!

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:19 AM) : 

Wow this is a tough one, rvepzqqvuht now thatisonevery longwordvertificationanditisgoing tobehardtogetitright!

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:22 AM) : 

IhavejustdecidedthateveryblogsitthatIrespondto,iftheyhacvewordverificationIamgoingrespondwithmyremarkswritteninthisfashion,plusitsavessomuchtimeandmuchbetterthancrosswordpuzzles.Haveagooddayandhavefuncleaningyard.

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Hey,Iwroteafullparagraphanditalldisappeared.WhatIwassaying,is everytiomeIcaometoasite withwordverification,mycommentsaregoingtobewritteninthisformat.Itsavestimewhentypingandmuchbetterthanacrosswordpuzzle.Youneverhavetorunaspellcheck,ifyougetawordwrong,whoisgoingtoknow?

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:29 AM) : 

Did you know that the "god blogger" willnot let you write an entire paragraph without putting in a space. That is strange, what would you do if you had a very long word to use like haveaverygoodday.

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (9:54 AM) : 

HAHA.... Shana GET RID of the word verification.

 

Blogger Princess Sarah said ... (12:15 PM) : 

wow sounds like you had a very long day, I did too, good luck with the mice

 

Blogger Shana said ... (12:16 PM) : 

why should I, you all seem to have so much fun with it, hey my word is nice and clear navmwx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 PM) : 

http://eekshop.com
As outlined judging by court documents registered for more information on the High Court, Ms Grimes is that often are you in need head injury compensation that can be the case forward and backward?four and 6 million. The pinnacle injury compensation claim states going to be the swimming billiard table,which was ordered back and forth from going to be the parents of do nothing more than one having to do with Miss Grimes' co - workers really will have had indicators above it telling it is certainly plausible to never sign up for free throughout the.

 

post a comment