Tuesday, March 07, 2006

One More Sappy Post of Thanks

This post is dedicated to my Gradparents....
My Grandparents that have left human form,
and to my Grandparents still struggling with it.

Grandma Harrington is and always has been my role model.
A woman who worked hard for her family and even though few saw it...
a small child did...she derived her happiness through her children...
seeing them enjoy each other...
I have always wanted that sense of family she worked hard to obtain.
Over the years as I have struggled with life...I have always been able to turn to her.
First through written corrospondances,
Now through a wierd spiritual connection...I know she is with me...
I can finally make a biscut that is edible and gravey that is not lumpy...
she put alot of energy into this one....I know she will come to my aid and help me.
Thank You Grandma for helping me put my faith in family...
for helping me hold on to the hope that someday I too would be reunited with a child I lost.

Grandpa Harrington was the best horse a kid could have...
He showed me the gift of play
Grandpa always smiled in my memories....
I have heard many things about this man...
but in my eyes he will always be the best horse a kid could have.

Grandpa Epperson...thank you for teaching me to love my self.
It was nothing I can tell anyone else how to do....
loveing yourself comes from with in...
Loving yourself is knowing how to let go of the negative energy
let it move where it needs to go...release the guilt...no one is perfect.
Release the anger...holding on just constipates the system...
Through the gift of meditation I have learned that to love myself I have to forgive myself.
For this gift I thank you....It has cleared my soul and allowed me to see the picture as a whole.

Grandma Epperson...an inspiration of strength. I have nevered gotten to know Grandma on a personal level...who she is where she came from...but this has taught me much...
it does not matter really...she is my grandma...she has worked hard in her life to satisfy her internal needs...she has dedicated her life to something she feels strongly about. something that gives her reason to get up in the morning...Grandma you have taught me self happiness...
Many things need done in life to survive...at least find something that will fullfill your internal needs while sending energy into society in a productive way.
Grandma has given the gift of music to many...a gift that makes everyone happy. through years of hard but I am sure satisfying work...her legacy will survive. The gift she has given many over the years is still topic of conversation with all who have come to know her over the years...
Through this gift of music Grandma gave me a friend...not just any friend but a friend that I have bonded with heart mind and soul. Grandma I thank you for this gift...I know that no matter where I am or what I am doing Tomi Leigh (Thumper) has been a gift of faith hope and light in my life...

So thank You to my Grandparents...they helped make me who I am. my reality.

Comments on "One More Sappy Post of Thanks"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:51 AM) : 

A very nice tribute to four very fine people, each with a different philopsohy of life and happiness. The four of them have taught all us well, they each had a unique gift for each of us. You really should share your thoughts with them, life is precious and comes with no guarantees of tomorrow. Love You.

 

post a comment