Tuesday, February 21, 2006

MY DAY OFF!!

So I spent my day off being very quiet…could not wake up the kids ya know. At around 1 I cranked the tunes to try and shake the “don’t wake the children feeling” It drove me crazy!! I had to turn the music down because the anxiety of waking the kids that were not even here was killing me. Beyond that I enjoyed my day. I did none of my normal chores. Just read and slept.

The children returned around 8:30Warren was so excited to see me he immediately threw himself into my arms and snuggled in. Just when I relaxed and was enjoying the moment his spring loaded feet full of enthusiasm bounced his little body straight up….up into my nose….home for less than 10 minutes and I get a broken nose. Yes my friends once again my snout has been wonked. I do believe this makes the tenth time…Medical insurance should pay for a reduction….this thing is dangerous to my face. So now I can’t wipe my nose without pain. I blow blood and I have a new crooked spot right between my eyes my nose now lumps on the left.

Thank GOD for little boys (his oldest brother broke it twice and cost me a tooth.)

NEW GOVERNMENT STUDY!!!!!

Question of the day….WHY IS ICE SLIPPERY???

This my friends is the newest study our tax monies are going too.

What a waste of money…sounds like a great experiment for elementary school science….hey Tater???? Write the thesis on this one and you may get a Nobel Prize. So why is ice slippery??? Could it be that frozen water is smooth unless disturbed by an outside force…Could it be that a smooth surface is slippery…hey maybe ice is not really slippery and we are all just using that as an excuse to take our vehicles off road and for the clumsiness we have when our feet wont stay underneath us. Non slippery ice….hmmm can we copy right this John????

Comments on ""

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (10:02 AM) : 

Okay i need to teach you how to put links into you blogs....I want to read that article... and if youlink John's web site they will get more of that story.

Oh and i am working on the code for your new layout!!!

 

Blogger Shana said ... (11:53 AM) : 

ya gonna come set me up too?

 

Blogger john r mclay said ... (12:43 PM) : 

I was just at the school nurse's office, and 5 kids came in (within 5 minutes) having fallen on the ice and bonked their heads. The nurse commented that she wondered about letting them play outside on an unsafe playground. I asked," are we going to keep them from riding bikes because they could break their arm?". she laughed and shrugged her shoulders.

 

Blogger Shana said ... (7:39 AM) : 

good answer John...they cant protect us from everything...and there are potential consequences to all actions...that ice pack she gave that kid will spring a leak water on the floor is aslipping hazzard too....ban all ice packs.

 

post a comment