Monday, February 06, 2006

Good Morning my friends...I know none will believe me but I do believe the first warm weather storm has come to begin the process of taking winter away. At 3am the winds had to be 45 degrees it was monsoon weather. SPRING peoples SPRING. My favorite time of the year...pretty new flowers will be bloomin in just a few weeks now. The buds will come out and the bears will awaken. OH ya I read there is a sow who is probably pregnant that stays in the Baxter Bag area. No one has reported seing her but she has been being tracked for a few years now. She was last sighted with a boy bear...doing the wild thing here in the bog. The boy bear was darted, tagged (after he finished his little fling)he was then left there with the female to see what happened. He awoke and high tailed it (do bears have tails?). He was last seen in Girdwood but seems to spend most of his time sleeping by the foot bridge over tudor by the native hospitol. A very good article discussing Anchorages Bears....did you know we have 30 of them that continually stay in Anchorage? Who would a thunk! So I am trying not to be litterate of educational in this blog...."stuffy" is what Britt calls me when I go on my tangents. Just want my friends to know I am here thinking about them and awaiting spring. (I am hibernating like the bears do.) Currently my little lu' is in Wassilla with her brother. She is attempting to talk him into taking her to see Mickey Mouse. Her little heart is breaking because her father and I wont allow her to take the "monies in my pocket" and "go on the plane to see Mickey Mouse." She swears that she will come home after she "hugs Mickey." So she has started a "piggy bank" she is willing to give up "bouncey balls" to save her money to go see Mickey. Her daddy and I better pull one out of our hats as it is going to take her a long time to save up enough "bouncey ball" quarters to go see Mickey. think I can convince himto come here? How come when the Magic is there for the kid we cant afford to do a damn thing about it? By the time we could possibly take a trip like that she will be at least 5...ya she would remember it better...but the magic will be different then for her. So we are discussing "Divedends" If we pre-plan far enough in advance we could use that money to go somewhere next winter. My friends I have investigated.....IF I could round up 8-10 families that wanted to go each person would be required to buy their own plane ticket but a week long pass to Disney World (the kids swear it is better than disney Land) and room could be put together via a "community package". A condo that sleep 30-40 (meaning it has at least 10 rooms) rents for 600 dollars a week in the off season...if you do the math that is less than 100 dollars a family for lodging for a whole week. With a kitchen in the condo...(for 100 bucks more a week they throw in maid service too) we could cook our own meals, but at the price of lodging we could afford to eat out to. A community pass to the park for a week would be an additional 680 dollars, but devide it by per-person and it would be oh so cheap to go. Having a few families would also allow us to "take a break from the group" hell each set of adults could actually take a day to themselves with so many there to help watch the kids. So my friends I am thinking what a better way to spend a week...surrounded by lots of friends and family, annoying little children, and Mickey Mouse. so with this blog I did get you thinking....Vacation anyone? No Sara not Hawii sorry come on though Beautifull sandy beaches surrounded by wonderfull green-blue seasand warm air----or---Mickey Mouse.....? Not a hard choice...think they will notice when we get on the wrong plane? shhhhhh.

Comments on ""

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (9:03 AM) : 

My kids wouldn't care where we went...as long as it was WARM!!! Did you say you were paying?

 

Blogger Shana said ... (9:57 AM) : 

sure just as soon as I win the lotto that Donny refuses to buy me a ticket for...he says gambling is wrong...prude!

 

Blogger Anna said ... (10:43 PM) : 

hey do i qualify???....*Grin*...Anna would give all the adults the night off for some kinda deal lol...pretty pppllleeaassseee I wanna see mickey too!...ok maybe i don't...i just wanna be skinny enough by then to ride all the kick ass rides...hmmm anyhow...yea disney land was boring...i so wouldnt even bother...But i bet disney world with a week pass would so rock!

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (11:20 PM) : 

At Carrs today i saw ticket to Disney Worldon on sale, one adult for the price of a child.....$113.00 ....*cough* ...we are gonna need a lotof donations!!!!

 

Blogger Princess Sarah said ... (8:25 AM) : 

Well I have been there done that I have been to so many theme parks, six flags, ceder point both disney land and world, all thanks to my dad, he took us to so many places, I would however love to take the kids. Trav and I have talked about it and he would love to go also. It looses majic the older you get. It brings something different for all. Good Idea's on going though I do have doubts on all of us getting there at the same time, but mabe never know.

 

Blogger Anna said ... (6:54 PM) : 

well gee golly sara...way to be Optimistic...glad youve had those opportunities...

 

Blogger Shana said ... (7:42 PM) : 

The purpose of disneyland is the magic...the music and the chance to relive child hood....remembering when life was not all...bills, doc apts, work, school, meals, shopping, blah, blah.....

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (9:46 PM) : 

Its been Monday the 6th for 8 days now!

 

post a comment