Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Hello everyone...this blog wont be to deep...just a note to say I may have figured out whats wrong with the computer...and am hoping that it will continue to let me blog. Just been painting the home. Warrens room is almost done and it is turning out so cute. The bath downstairs is also almost done. Wish I had not lost the digi-cam at Christmas. So with February around the corner...my family Birthdays (or half of them anyway) are arriving. My big boy will be twenty this year, the other 18. and me....I am going to be 35 again. I kind of liked that age and if I stay it next yyear I can go back to 34. By the time I hit seventy I will be about two and back in diapers again....works for me. When the candles no longer fit on the cake it is time to change the way things are done. This year is also a mile marker for me in the medical profession. After my final and last CT scan (no I have not schedualled it yet) and the clean results it will provide me...medical science will consider me curred...No sister they have yet to find whats wrong with the head....just the cancer....maybe next year. Not a big deal to those who have not dealt with the emotional issues that go along with this type of circumstances. To me it is like a rebirth. My original diagnosis..."you have cancer...", "unknown...unknown...unkown...", "three months to live if you refuse treatment...", months of no problems...."a tumor...". It has been a very emotional time period filled with lots of opportunities for new growth...since I am not dead...I am assuming (hopefully correctly) that I chose the right opportunities when they arose for me. My friends these were not always the easiest choices to make....I also sacraficed alot to get alot more elsewhere. So this year on February 23 I will not be sad...I will not walk down memory lane once again, this year on February 23 I will put it behind me....five years they say your curred and chances for reoccurance are in the very small percentile. I will forever have to live with the scars and physical discomforts of the surgery, but I dont have to forever live with the memories of the emotional world I had lived in. I took the lessons and am moving on. I am sure as life goes on the opportunity to use these lessons will reoccure...I will use them...but I am able to seperate myself from them now....and on February 23....I am curred. Now after all that the word curred makes me sound like a Ham or something....funny how the mendical language, latin by root has slanged words trying to make them easier for "normal" folk to understand...they should have chosen their words a bit better....terminal----I hated when they called me this...I am not a damn bus or freight train, my children may think so but I am not...Curred....been in the smoke house to long and I am curred...oops I am not coffessing anything. So my friends it has been years since I have had a Birthday Party (the last real one in 1998 when the doc called at 6:30 to inform me of my fate.) I am having a Party this year...a celebration of life party. It is not right to throw your own birthday party but to get things right we must do them ourselves...So I am calling it a celebration of life party... it just happens to fall on my birhtday wich happens to be on a Saturday...hehe. All of my friends are welcome and I will even send out invites a bit later in the month...the Super Bowl is the weekend before as well as my parents 40th wedding aniversary...they may be in town also...but the party will go on...we all need a break in the dreary winter blahs....I would love coffee hour and any help and suggestions that may make this day a day for all of us to remember as the first day of the rest of our lives.

Comments on ""

 

Blogger Princess Sarah said ... (2:51 PM) : 

LETS PARTY!!!!!!I WOULD LOVE TO COME, I WILL BE THERE WITH BELLS ON HOW EXCITING TO CELEBRATE LIFE, GOOD IDEA WHAT SHOULD I BRING, AND WHAT DO YOU WANT? NOPE NEVER MIND IM KNOWN AS "THE PERFECT GIFT GIVER" HAHAHA LOL. YOU ARE A WONDERFULL PERSON COULDNT IMAGINE LIFE WITHOUT YOU GLAD YOU PUT UP A FIGHT, AND DONT QUIT. IM HERE FOR YA...LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU SIS!!!

 

Blogger Tabitha-n-AK said ... (12:07 AM) : 

Dude!!! U r not getting a present!
lol! I turn 25, on the 27th of Feb. What shall this year bring???????? The proof to self I survived 21!

 

Blogger Anna said ... (10:45 AM) : 

alright lady...you made me cry...I have to agree I'm glad your still around chica...I don't know what i'd do with out you...I hope you get the opportunity to touch many other peoples lives the way you have mine, I love you..You are an awesome person and your just gonna have to stick around so deal with it ...heheeh..

 

post a comment