Saturday, December 13, 2008

Why Is Bob Smiling?

Meet Bob....



"About half the people in the world want to be free of bills and a daily grind, I’m one of them. My dream is to travel freely about the country, seeing new places and meeting new people. It’s hard to take the steps necessary to live a freedom type lifestyle. It’s hard to separate yourself from your security and material belongings and move completely out of your comfort zone. However, if you’re determined enough it can be done. Sometimes life hands you a “Do-Over” - a window in your life where you can do everything over, exactly like you want. That’s what I’m doing."

Meet...Joyce, Dee Dee, Dolly and Doc...













































Bob is smiling because he is slowing down and enjoying the world we live in. From reading his blog I am guessing he has not always been smiling as he has lived a life quite similar to the majority of America's population.

Bob may be a dreamer. But he is following a dream I too have had since I was a small child...traveling this country by horse and carriage. Now I have not posted a picture of his "wagon" as I hope to tempt many more to follow his adventure as he ""reconquers the migration of American history"

Not sure where he will end up, or how long he will travel, or even what path he will take, but I am sure he will meet many new people, see many wonderful sights, and smell an abundance of sunrises from the most beautiful portrait ever....

Comments on "Why Is Bob Smiling?"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (12:08 PM) : 

Sounds like a neat journey, similar to what I want to do except I am leaving the horses at home and enjoying the scenery from the seat of comfortable gas guzzling automobile. Takes just a few minutes a day to feed and water, easier to park, and can cover more distance faster. Several individuals have made the trek north over the Alcan Highway riding horses in the past twenty years, but it is a long slow trip.

 

post a comment