Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Someone thinks I love to fly....

Now I flew on seven planes in the process of completing a complete circle around this country...flew over several major cities....except for California...but i hear their still on fire so the smog would be hard to judge...lets just say if we rate the cities I have flown over or into...Salt Lake City Utah should win the prize...the air was disgustingly black...it could be seen trailing through the valleys like cancerous tentacles.... guess the Mormons dont much care for saving the atmosphere....



Almost every flight i was on arrived in it's destination early...except air traffic control could not find us a slot to land...so we circled...but Seattle gave me picture opportunities...our plane circled this mountain top...now I have seen the bottom of this beautiful land mark many many times from my front door step...but rarely do you see just the top....and after descending through the clouds...this is only about one third of that mountain....and you still can not see the top....

Arrived home earlier than I expected...Alaska Airlines had over booked many earlier flights from Seattle to Anchorage...when I arrived in Seattle they managed to book me on a 9pm flight that left Fairbanks out of the picture...thank god or I would just be arriving home now....all the other flights had huge stand bye lists...so I figured I would be stuck in Seattle till 9 last night...I was traveling alone and families did not want to be split...so I actually got the last seat on the 2oclock...which was over booked in sales also...not sure how it happened but I did not question it.

It is good to be home.

Comments on "Someone thinks I love to fly...."

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (10:00 AM) : 

Back in Alaska, I would bet that with all the traveling you did, you still did not find a place that you would rather live than Alaska! Getting back early, you must have picked up the tail wind that we are having, been howling all night. With the strong winds blowing and two moose walking around on our front deck several times during the night, it has been a very long night for me. I could not even scare them off, finally I got out my pistol and shot a couple of rounds off into the air ~ they looked at me and did not move a step, just eyeballing my bushes which they tried to prune. I even chased them across the yard on the run within ten feet of them, they would jump the fence and wander off ~ only to return a few minutes later. If it happens tonight, perhaps I will have enough fresh moose steaks to make it through the winter. Welcome home.

 

Blogger Golden Granny said ... (11:10 AM) : 

Glad you are home safe. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures. I assume you're still planning on T-Day here - so bring pixs! Will call you soon to talk turkey. Love you!

 

Blogger Shana said ... (2:47 PM) : 

Sounds like dad is planning moose...

 

post a comment