Monday, November 10, 2008

Our to do list...

Snowing and blowing today...the sun peaked out a few times...but the weather is very Alaskan...We were going to go to a park that is the similar to "Flatt Top" but the weather did not permitt it...so hopefully tomorrow.

Spent the day watching Crystal cook, Josh get his uniform ready for and inspection and me and the grand babies did what ever we could to cause them some trouble....it is great being a grandma when I dont have to worry about the influence on my own children..hehe....pepsi...sure...and the candy box is on top of the fridge...

Hopefully tomorrow we will make it to some of the local spots here near Fort Drum...The great lakes are just a few miles north east of here....one of them anyway....

Fort Drum is actually smaller than I expected for a military base that so many call home duty station....a medical clinic...no hospital....the PX and commisary are smaller than our local wallmart....

It appears the community of Evan Mills was built for the millitary....Water town is the closest large city....about the size of Soldotna. I am ammazed at the amount of open territory around here....did not think you could find open space on this side of the country.

Tommorw afternoon Thumper and I will head south again to New Jersey as she and Josh both have to work on Wednesday.

Thurseday we will visit NY City......Friday....Atlantic city....and Saturday Phillidelphia and DC....Sunday I will pack and prepare for the long trip home...I am enjoying my trip but missing the rest of my family and home a lot. Josh recieved several medals after his last training mission...it was kind of neat to be here when he recieved them....although i left my camera at the motel room Thumper and I are staying in...stupid me.

Not much else to say for now.. just watching the snow fall.....and it falls here just like it does at home...except these people drive bad when it is nice...when it is snowing they get in a bigger hurry and drive even worse....

love you all much....

Comments on "Our to do list..."

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:28 AM) : 

If you have the time in D.C., visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and Arlington. In the evening, there is a fantastic marching and drill display performed at Marine Barracks #1, just a short distance from the White House ~ a must see event, when I was there is is free to the public. So much history to see there, could spend a couple of weeks and not see all of it.

 

Blogger Shana said ... (11:56 AM) : 

We have reservations for a tour of the area....we will be seeing the white house, pentagon, independence hall, and so much more I can not even remember...I will come back again..my choices prevented me from joining the Navy as I had always hoped....but to see what my father and my fore fathers fought so hard for is definitely something EVERY person in this country should get to experience...it is so much more than what we see and read in the papers. I don't think anyone can really appreciate it until you have stood where it all began...

 

post a comment