Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sure Could Use A Little Good News Today




I woke this morning to a hot cup of coffee and the fog floating over my yard...a sure sign the sun will shine and it will be quite chilly.

I was sad to see that another of Americas "Good Guys" has left us behind.

Paul Newman...an American Icon who's name is not often remembered in the entertainment industry anymore....but everyone knows of his salad dressing, and popcorn.

What most do not know is Paul Newman opend "The Hole in the Wall" camp ground with the money earned from selling those food products. This is a camp for the children...a camp where kids with disabilities and death sentances can go with their families to "get away" from it all. The Hole in the Wall has a complete medical staff on site to provide medications and emergencie care.

A camp like this is not cheap...Paul Newman dedicated his life to helping others help themselves. A personalty type that is going extinct in our country fast...

I do not post much anymore as most of what i have to say would be controversial and cause disagreements...as I sit back and watch the world...I see "the rose colored glasses" I wish I had bought being squashed...I see history repeating itself and man kind acting out the selfishness that got us here in the first place...funny how they knew this would happen in the '70's...guess the "hippies" were not so dumb...

So...more soldiers have died over seas...more have committed suicide on our soil. The government is fighting like toddlers...and believe you me I know how toddlers fight...all of Alaskas politicians are currently fighting court battles of corruption, and the earth is warming rapidly....as villages wash into the sea...mothers are "pimping their toddlers out...or killing them and carrying them around in their trunks for weeks...all I have to say is WTF are people thinking??

So on that note...I am going to go paint my childrens images on the kitchen floor with mustard (i have a lot of that after a summer of camping)...later we will mop and clean the kitchen...for now...we are going to make our own "good news"

Have a fun filled smiley day....it is about all we have left....

Comments on "Sure Could Use A Little Good News Today"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:26 AM) : 

Good morning Shana. It was sad that Paul Newman passed away, a man that never took credit for the good that he did, just a quiet soul that entertained millions and used his wealth to help others. He was one of the "old icons" that was popular for decades, not like the current Hollywood types that has a short shelf life. He had some many great movies, of course "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" was my favorite. Married to the same woman (which is rare in Hollyworld" for 50+ years, when asked why he did not stray like so many others did in Hollywood, his comment was simple, "I got home to steak every night, why should I go out for a hamburger".

 

Blogger john r mclay said ... (9:33 AM) : 

...mustard?...are u sure yer meds r rite?....

Mr Newman WAS a well-known actor. His interest in racing is probably better known across the world. I think his salad dressing tastes better for the thought of profits used for cancer research.

 

Blogger Golden Granny said ... (11:01 AM) : 

Every day get up and say "Thank you Lord" for this beautiful day (whether it's rainy, cloudy or nasty out). Try not to pay to much attention to the news - very depressing - keep a positive attitude, smile and just enjoy the good in your own personal day. Remember I love you and your children love you - that's what really counts! :) Smile!

 

post a comment