Sunday, November 09, 2008

America...Where it all Began....

So....words can not describe the things I am seeing...Ok I am wordy....bet I can try....
Ok so I am on the other side of the country here!!

and right up the road was one that said 1 mile to Mexico...I think these people are confused.
Phillidelphia on the left....New Jersey on the right....at eighty mph on a toll highway....oh wait all the highways are toll highways here...you pay to drive your car....but gas...

So after a couple days of local vistist and recovery from travellin we have made it to Fort Drum...

he is huge!! and those babies missed me.....

So tomorrow we are going to go the Lake Ontario....and check out some of the surrounding area....
Thursday we will venture into NY city....ground zero being our starting destination....that big statue is also on the list of things to see...Elis Island....and on friday off to Atlantic city....Saturday DC

Thumper has a full load planned I will be tired but full of a new adventure when I get home...I am in shock...to be standing where it all began...so very long ago in our country...amazing!!

Comments on "America...Where it all Began...."

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:39 PM) : 

Thought you were lost! Enjoy your visit and the opportunity to see all those new sights. I am going on a trip tomorrow as well, thought I might try Ninilchik, understand it is a nice place to visit in the winter.

 

Blogger Shana said ... (5:21 AM) : 

father the russian church is there I here its a cheap and quick tour.....

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (7:29 AM) : 

So you aren't spending anymore time at fort Drum? Just those few hours?

 

Blogger john r mclay said ... (9:48 PM) : 

I KNEW Mexico was close to Homer!
The gas price doesn't seem right, though - like a two year time warp.

 

post a comment