Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Here is his home....





This building is one of the oldest building in the United States of America....I am hoping that someday very soon Eric and I can come out and spend some time sight seeing....when the emotional family stuff is not in the middle of the visit.

I am standing in AMERICAN HISTORY....you can not get any closer than this....buildings dated back to 1773 The park you see us standing on above is where the American Troops stood watch durring the French and Indian War....back when America was just a baby....it is amazing to see that the history books are way more than just stories...to be here is what I needed most.

I feel grounded to my country and my sons career choice now....I still dont like him risking his life...but many other sons did this before him...

I did not take any pictures of the cemetery on that hill...it did not feel right to take them...but I stood by the graves of the brave young men who battled in the very first battles that made this country the place we all call home.

My mind has also been put to ease as I have met with many young men and women now...that are coming home from that war....in one piece...I have hugged them and looked at their toes and fingers....all intact...except one....he was the only casualty and his commanding officer made him meet me and tell me the story....he did not tie his shoe the lace got caught on a Hummer and he fell on his face...breaking his pinky finger...lol

I know this war is still dangerouse to my son...I know the chances he could be killed are still there...but I have seen other mothers children, talked to them, and now I feel more ready for him to go on this great adventure...it could be one of the most benificial achievments of his life...as long as he keeps his shoe tied...

my lousey 110 pounds is nothing compared to the amount of weight this man has to pack for 8 miles a day....and he proved it....my boy....the man.

Comments on "Here is his home...."

 

Blogger real eyez said ... (3:29 PM) : 

Shana I am glad that you are having FUN! I really do hope you are enjoying yourself! Tell everyone I said HI!

PS,,,did Crystal tell you I can not speak kid anymore.. Riley was trying to tell me something and I could not for the life of me understand what!
Heather or Crystal took pity on her and helped her out!

 

Blogger Shana said ... (4:07 PM) : 

lol...heck Riley speaks a foreign language when she wants too...lol...they sure enjoyed their visit with you guys...it made Crystal feel like she had family near...thanks for giving them that...she needs that a lot...I hope that she will make the trip to see you guys again while Josh is gone...now that she knows she can do it...thank you...

 

Blogger Golden Granny said ... (11:48 AM) : 

I'm so glad you have arrived safely. The east coast is definitely a very historical place and Dad & I still hope to someday do a drive up or down the coast. Give those little girls a big hug from G-grandma. Also hugs for Josh and Crystal. Have a safe trip home so I can hug you in person. - Love you.

 

Blogger Shana said ... (7:24 PM) : 

I will mom and I so appreciate the country I live in not that I did not before...but this is just so amazing...sad that we have burried it under so much concrete...but man to be sitting in the place America began is something I never thought I would do...and i thought Seattle had culture....boy was i wrong

 

post a comment