Thursday, November 20, 2008

Quotes from a famous man

There are two ways of being happy:
We must either diminish our wants or
augment our means
either way Do...
The result is the same
and for each man to decide for himself
and do that which happens to be easier.


We are all born ignorant,
but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Beer is living proof that God loves us
and want us to be happy.


Who was this man? Gee I might as well just give him credit cuz someone will just google it anyway...

These are several quotes I have been fond of for many years...I just could never remember who said them...but he also says this....

What signifies knowing the names,
if you know not the nature of things...

So I guess I just took his advice and forgot his name but learned from his lessons...

Stay tune for more trivia from my trip...gotta show off my new found knowledge...

Oh yes...Anyone know with out googling it...what state the Statue of Liberty is in?

Comments on "Quotes from a famous man"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (11:10 AM) : 

I believe it went through a variety of ownerships, however, it is now within the borders of the State of New York but, all of the island is owned, except one site which is an acre, by the War Department which was the forerunner of the Department of Defense. However, it is in New York.

 

post a comment