Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Dollar Here...A Dollar There...

With Eric in Nome...possibly for the whole summer, I am trying to figure out what to do about the Yukon...It is sitting at Lithia on the south side of town...they said warranty paid to tow it there...but they wont pay to bring it back even though the mistake was on their end.

So my options are this...tie my dogs to the front bumper, cutting holes in the floor like a Flintstone car...or paying almost 300 dollars to tow it back...now I know the meaning of the statement "Highway Robbery".

Found a "rear end" that would work at a junk yard...1100 dollars...but I am thinking that a little gal like myself may have some problems tearing out the old and putting in the new...plus I would look awful funny rolling a rear end home from across town...wonder if I need my drivers license for that? Maybe if I attached portable turn signals to my butt people would think I am a Kia.

So at the moment I am wheel less....but it is spring so feet work well...pulling the wagon I will be fine here in town...but it may take me awhile to make it to Anchor Point....

Now lets talk phones...how come when we as people sign a contract we are expected to abide by it yet when a major money making business does they are not...is that not defying the contract thing all together??

ATT does NOT want to honor Cell One contracts...ATT does not have the same features as Cell One and they must "pay" another carrier for some of the services that we had on our phones...now they want more money or less features...the more money bugs me...the less features does not...but the fact that they will not honor the contract we had...I do not want their phone service...I am tirred of crooks and have wondered how to get out of the four year contract Eric signed...they took care of it for me and now I am taking care of them...paid...but they can keep their service...I will "rehook" my house phone for 39.99 a month and ATT can take a leap from my life....this will save me about 250 dollars a month...hmmm....

Not sure how anyone else's Easter went...but here it was wonderful...the babies hunted eggs and ate candy....a beautiful dinner served at the table although it was just me and my kids minus Josh and his family....it was wonderful...quiet and organized...not something that usually goes along with a Holiday dinner around here. Eric left Saturday night for Nome so he missed not one but two wonderful big dinners....

Donny invited a friend over for dinner Saturday night...the editor of the paper he works for...this dinner was wonderful, new friends are never a bad thing...a 61 year old man fighting for his life against cancer that infested his lung then his brain. When I walked into my home after taking Eric to the airport I thought Uncle Bill was standing in my dinning room....this man has Harrington linage...but there are many of us...his features are very Harrington as we know them though...I kept wanting to call him grandpa or Bill....hehe...the kids loved him and he enjoyed them immensely...I was glad we could give him a family to play with....I hope he comes back again as smiles and family sure help when you feel no one in the world understands the fear in your heart when ever an ache or pain arises...with no support system in Alaska...he needs one and he has found it from my home.

So that is it from the Buffalo Wallow....not much of interest...just living and let living

Comments on "A Dollar Here...A Dollar There..."

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (6:25 PM) : 

Hey good to see a posting! What is this about Bull Buffie being in Nome all summer? You are kidding, right? What happened to the 8 hour job he had to do? You cannot expect us to go thru the entire sumemr withouit the Bull being around, who is going to pack and cut firewood? As for you dinner, don't ever tell your mother this, but for Easter dinner we had just her folks over. Had dinner on my mothers china, I have always complimented your mother on her cooking good meals, but this particular dinner was perhaps the best dinner that she has ever prepared I mean like every side dish was perfect, the ham and turkey was perfection and oh, that Buttermilk Lemon merinque pie was to die for. It was a five star dinner.

 

Blogger john r mclay said ... (4:17 AM) : 

Isn't Eric's work truck there? NW Auto Parts would load the rear end for you.
The matter of across-town transport - the front end still pulls the beast (if Lithia Chev. doesn't have it completely tore down). It just needs followed 'cross LA to your place which is within a mile of NW Auto. I would help you get your baby home if Donald is a puss (tell him I said that, by the way).

 

Blogger john r mclay said ... (4:25 AM) : 

$1,100 and some effort would shove the rig's sale price up $5,000. Considering that it's paid off from a previous bank stroke, street value is what you want - not dealer offer(s).
You could still have that old blazer for Eric to "tinker" with every weekend AND money to catch up on bills, or, another rig(car) with only 4 cylinders (mpg).
At least Eric's truck is there for use, if needed. It does handle OK - just smells a lot like burnt foam...and the seat, now, needs a booster.

 

Blogger Shana said ... (6:31 AM) : 

My butt falls through the hole hehe...thanks John...I may need your help...and will not hesitate to ask I promise...

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (8:53 AM) : 

AT&T keeps leaving messages on the home phone, I think anyway,they start speaking too early so the phone number and company name is cut off. You would think they would try to call a CELLPHONE?

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (6:20 PM) : 

They got a hold of me today... ATT/Cellone.... they were looking Eric?

 

post a comment