Monday, March 17, 2008

The Wolf den ,my friends,
was covered in snow...





The Bear Den, it has,
a long ways to go...

The Buffalo Wallow, could be dug out,
But the Crock Pond, my family,
is no where about!



Sooo....maybe we wont need ice for the meat and beer....but more than likely we will need snowshoes and mud boots.

Comments on ""

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (10:23 AM) : 

There is either a little tee pee creeping going on or it has been so long since you visited the HITW that you forgot whose den is whose. Not to worry about the snow, the old plow truck has had arest for over amonth in preparation for the movoement of the massive amount of snow. The HITW will be open for business on schedule!

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (10:30 AM) : 

Perhaps this message will get delivered to the right person. "Its Only Me": Have visited your site on severaloccasions, most recently last night and again this morning. Some great pictures of effective marketing and advertising, not to mention an abudence! Perhaps, you should revisit you site and fgollow the rules as posted on a earlier blog, would surely like to comment on some of those pictures if there was a place or any room to make such a comment. You archeives and previous postings have also disappeared. Perhaps they are on itsonlyme.blogspot.com Good pictures!

 

Blogger john r mclay said ... (4:16 PM) : 

I will tell you that my/our summer den was not seen in that set of pics. It MUST be buried beside the Buffalo wallow shown.
If the Wolves have most of the snow and ice, it seems only fitting to keep the cold beverages at our place! I'll just have to get my b@#!h a parka or she'll never come home!

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (6:47 AM) : 

soooo ...where'd you put my house?

 

Blogger Shana said ... (6:51 AM) : 

uh...it was burried...and kinda spooky...the wind kept blowing something in your window...or a bear found your den either way...I did not investigate the issue...but...your hidden behind that mound of snow next to the bear den...better bring ice climbing gear...

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (10:33 AM) : 

No one happened to note tha the firewood supply is readily available and waiting to be cut.

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (2:32 PM) : 

That wood pile, my father, is how I could tell between the Buffalo Wallow and the Bear Den.
Shana, I think by your pictures, my house would be in the area you did not shoot, my den would be right between the alders to the right (on the photo) of the Bear's and to the left of the Wallow.

 

Blogger Shana said ... (3:51 PM) : 

either way....it is burried in snow...lol...maybe surrounded by it is a better way of putting it...lol...I did take a picture but I must not have pushed the little camera button long enough....cuz it is not on my camera...sorry...

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (4:49 PM) : 

Shana got caught for being prejudiced against Wolves, that is really not very neighborly, perhaps it is time to start building some fences around the respective dens and wallows. Speaking of Buffalo, I was watching a program the other night, most likly the same Buffies that I saw on our trip. The Yellowstone Herd, in the winter, as the snow gets deep, they of course migrate to lower elevations to find feed beneath the snow. If they leave Yellowstone Park on the northern (Montana side)they can then be rounded up and hauled off to the slaugter house. In this particular documentary, a total of 600+ Buffalo were rounded up and penned. The Parks people were able to come in and give them blood tests, if they tested postive for some type of parasite, they got to live. If they tested negative, the ranchers were then allowed to keep them, load them in trailers and taken to slaughter. The ones that had the parasite, were kept corraled until spring, then the rangers came in on horseback and hazed them back into the park system. Over half the herd was allowed to be slaughtered for human consumption! Does that sound right, I guess if a moose waunders onto my property from Anchor River State Park, I should be able to shoot him / her.

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (4:52 PM) : 

P.S. I forgot to mention, this occurred in a small town in Montana at the north entrance to Yellowstone. Prior to going into the park, we did stop in the town long enough to buy a latte, sweets, and post cards. Next trip I boycott the town completely for shooting buffies. Sometimes, you have to take a stand!

 

post a comment