Saturday, December 08, 2007

A time for memories...

The magic...it is in our hearts. I am finding it to do so I am having to revert back to childhood memories. I have figured out where the spirit went.



Great Inspirational men like this man have left our world. A man ridiculed for his optimism and rumored to have "crashed his plane" in a successful attempt to leave a harsh world.

As a young girl with several siblings life in our home was not alway "quiet". but after bed time had you tip toed down to the slumbering kids rooms...you would have heard a strange mixture of music.

Three kids with three radically different tastes in music...AC/DC, heavy metal, blarring from my brothers room. Something weird like but quite frequently never the same coming from my sisters room...(she was into Lover Boy hehe)...and me...the hippie of the family...I could not get enough of inspirational music from John Denver. Dolly and Kenny were my friends...a day when country music was not "oh she left me and I drove my truck through the motel wall"...a time when songs like this blarred over the radio...TV was mainly a thing watched at night back then...and the radio had limited "air wave" channels. songs like this also played around our camp fire as a kid...I remember them well...





and for those who do not remember...this may tweak it...my roots to Colorado...





bet ya thought it was gonna be another Christmas Carol thing here....

NOPE! The Spirit of Christmas is in all of us year round...we just forget what it really is after ignoring it for 11 months....

A long time ago...I believed we would see world peace in my life time...now...I think I may have been a bit optimistic...(unusual for me I know) but I can do my part,

Angels died in multitude the year Mother Teresa left this world. It seems that with her death and the death of the Princess...the rest of the "public eye" figures forgot how to work toward peace and good will...see they influence us...bet ya did not know that. Now...Paris Hilton is trying to save face. OJ Simpson is breaking any law he can now that he got away with murder. Politicians? I wont go there...you read the paper. Even Country Music is joining the "o dear me" world of music. New Christmas Carols? not inspirational...sad songs about giving your heart at Christmas and getting it trampled on the next day...WTF...

So...sit back...close your eyes...smell the fire...the wind blowing on the river as it gently makes its way to the sea...the guitar strumming while children snuggle into laps to be lulled off to sleep...some of my favorite things...okay now is when your spose to scroll up and push the little button...it makes him sing...now back to your meditative state...

Bill Johnson...a man I have missed greatly in my life...he had the best lap of them all...and his coffee tasted like cinnamon. His hands could strum a guitar while holding a small girl safely in the night....his songs in my ear will bring tears to my eye forever...to hear him and Uncle Joe play again...a dream that maybe someday when I to have left this earth...I will hear again...the spirit of Christmas...all year long. PEACE ON EARTH GOOD WILL TO MEN! That is the spirit of Christmas...

Comments on "A time for memories..."

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (9:06 AM) : 

We watch Snoopy the other day!

Ever notice that John Denver definitely got better looking with age?
Good songs..to listen to every ONCE in awhile!

 

Blogger Shana said ... (12:13 PM) : 

I was just mentioning that to Britt...the Ugly duckling grew into a swan...then blew up flying his plane...so ironic really considering most of his songs were about flying or "leaving".

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (5:05 PM) : 

Did not know that you liked Johnny Denver - you might want to keep that a secret from the Harrington clan in Colorado. He does not have many fans there, something about taking an active role in introducing wolves into Colorado, has something to do with their lust for deer and elk meat. He was one of the original, radical tree huggers - but he could sing.

 

Blogger Shana said ... (6:49 PM) : 

He had a wonderful way of being positive...although he did make a few choices that might have been controversial....spokes man for gas conservation...I hear he buried two very large tanks in his yard...to conserve.

 

post a comment