Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wellll

I have a problem in Houston...I cant find my favorite cook book!!! How am I ever going to make all my traditional goodies with out my cook book. Now this is not just any cook book...it is a collection of recipes that I have acquired and put together my self. Many of them are actually "secret family" recipes and now they are gone...I am so sad...but...well now I have dug out the other cook books...you know the ones that sit on the shelf all the time and never move. The ones I swear I will get to someday. Well someday has come. I CANT FIND MY COOK BOOK!

Lost that is what it is lost.

So I have not gotten started on my Christmas baking although I do have three different types of cookie dough chilling in the fridge for tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow I will find my cook book...

Have you seen an eight inch by maybe 6 inch military log book in a funny green color?

No father I would never have taken a blank book out of your desk at the office...I colored in it first.

Now...I have written in almost all the pages...and I can not find it....but the first page has a table of contents that is hand written...

1. Fudge (the pre health food kick recipe)
2. Mississippi mud pie
3. Tol house chocolate chip cookies (recipe from the chips sold in 1980)
4. Dough Art
5. Fry bread
6. BEST pancakes ever
7. sopapillas
8.Peanut Butter Bon Bons
9. Nanima bars
10. No bake cookies
11. 7 layer bars
12. Jam strips (mmm these are yummy)
13. Stuffing (never use this one anymore)
14. cina' bon' rolls with cream cheese icing
15. Pumpkin cream cheese log
16......and this list goes on and on...have you seen it?

Comments on "Wellll"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (3:53 AM) : 

I have not seen your cook book - why would I see your cook book? You seem to misplace alot of things - did you ever find your sugar or is Noel (it tis the season so I changed her name)still being blamed for eating it? I will keep an eye open for your book, I think I saw it at your sister's house. The Plumma was looking at a green log book, secret family recipe for peanut butter balls, wasn't that one of his postings?

 

Blogger john r mclay said ... (5:10 AM) : 

I have never, really, stuck to a listed recipe for my sweet balls of PB delight. For over 20 years I've kept it in my head so the voices can remind me what to do - and with what ingredients. If I do find your book I will return it to you. It sounds like a collector's item.
Forget the book! Do you have water?!

 

Blogger Princess Sarah said ... (9:01 AM) : 

Yeah I have your book and Its gonna coast ya, ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!! LOL, ok so it will only coast you a trip out here...

 

post a comment