Monday, December 31, 2007

Day One...

SMOKING

ABSOLUTLY NOT....how could you ever think such a thing...I AM NOT quitting...just a New Years Resolution that was left undone...

Going over my calendar from '07 I saw I had decided to NOT quit smoking...just quit buying them...well...four days in better than none right??

I am not a quitter...a controller maybe, a mooch possibly...but I am not a quitter.

Oh knock it off...quit thinking about all the healthy things that happen when one quits smoking...and the improvement of smell what is that all about...NOW I can smell my house is dirty....thanks that helps the crappy irritated feeling I have dealing with the fact that their is still several hours left in o7 and I can not leave my resolution from last year undone...this year I will think twice hehe....

So day one is over...I did mooch several cigarettes off my kid...but he was warned I am not quitting just not buying...and as a 20 plus year smoker...if they are in my house I will feign hard for them...and possibly cause great bodily harm if he refuses to give me one...

And as I have cut back greatly and he has not...soon this will be easier done than said...no just because I cut back does NOT mean I will quit...may or may not...but at this very moment....my family is lucky they are all asleep still.

Eric came to bed last night...just hearing him in the room made me want to scream...woke up several times wanting to cry and yell that about not having a cigarette. funny how that little thing has so much control.

So day one...I can smell the mess in my house...thanks to the improvement of my smellers...bet I could taste better too if I wanted to taste what ever stinks so damn bad...I have had no chest pain and a productive cough...(chest hurts if you have a non productive cough all the time)Yep physically after just a few hours of not smoking I feel better...will that help my case in court is I mime a family member who will also be quite annoyed due to their own lack of nicotine? cause I may feel better physically but I have not been out of bed for long and they at all and that in it self is pissing me off...and it usually is my favorite time of day....

Stay tune as the world turns....will I or will I not continue this 07 resolution as a new habbit in 08? anyone got a smoke??

Comments on "Day One..."

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (10:19 AM) : 

You posting shows definite signs of a lack of nicotine so early in the day - perhaps a walk around the block, two pots of coffee and washing the car will help work out the anxiety of not smoking. Myelf, I do not make resolutions unless I can foresee that I am going to meet my personal expectations. Budget wise, one pack of cigarettes per day equals a savings of $1,825 per year, except fgor this year, it will be $1,830 since it is a "leap" year - I think. That is more that a PFD and all you have to do is quit.

 

Blogger Shana said ... (11:15 AM) : 

yah i may save on not buying cigarettes...but twinkles and apples actually cost a whole lot more!!!
the munchies i ate yesterday alone totaled 200 dollars!cost effectiveness is NOT a reason to quit...and beside that...only a2 more hours till I can buy a pack. my resolution was NOT to pay 7.oo a pack...not to quit.

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Dang... you can eat. I can't afford more then my habit, so I think I won't visit for a while... but I will save you my Butts!

 

Blogger Shana said ... (1:57 PM) : 

mmm Peanut butter and marshmallow creme by the spoon full...is it midnight yet...

 

Blogger john r mclay said ... (8:07 AM) : 

I have every sympathy with the American who was so horrified by what he had read of the effects of smoking that he gave up reading.

 

post a comment