Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Day One is Done

Trips into the past can be fun and challenging...as well as teach us new things about ourselves. Keiths visit has finished it's first 24 hours and we all are still alive. I must admit I was a bit nervous. After some initial strutting Papa Buffalo was able to sit back and enjoy the visit too. Had all the local Clansmen over, even the Pope to celebrate Britt's 15th Birthday...okay her and Noey ditched us with Keith and wet on a prearranged trip to the mall.
It worked out well though...Keith and Josh became reacquainted, (was not worried here...they are enough alike that they get along well, sad to say), the Wolves seemed to enjoy their visit and Keith was even on his best behavior...until all went home...then a small incident over a cell phone caused him to start simmering...a sign I grew used to in the past...but decided to cut off at a head in the present...I informed him that this particular behavior is the one I am trying to get out of my son and I pointed out to Josh what an ass Keith was being...funny thing is Josh was in the same mood...the two looked at each other and I watched as they both struggled to control their unwarranted frustration...took them both a bit...but Keith did get control and even thanked me for warding off what would have ruined the rest of his vacation here.
Donny was most uncomfortable with the visit...After a brief hide out in the house...he braved it and said "Hi"....funny...how less intimidating someone is once you have reached six feet in height, I think they too have come to a silent agreement. Me...I realize why I left that relationship...three times in 24 hours he has said small things to me that stabbed at my self esteem...but...those comments are all it takes for me to know...I made the right choice. Negative people bring negative energy to a group....negative energy will kill you....two strong negatives in a group...and one goes into hiding. Thanks to my fellow clans men...for coming over and helping support my "little" herd through a tough step in our lives....the support was awesome...and the night was fun...even if it ended early...and all were still sober....hehe

Comments on "Day One is Done"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (8:46 AM) : 

You mentioned in an earlier blog that you may be down "next weekend" - is that this weekend or next weekend? Hope all goes well and Brit is having a good time with her dad.

 

Blogger Shana said ... (10:30 AM) : 

If Keith and Britt want to go south we will join them. If not then I will be down for that Silver Salmon Tournament...you better have me a rod rigged up with a fly reel I will fish with an antique if you wish...just find me a fishing rod daaaadddddy.

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (11:23 AM) : 

Oh go buy one!

 

Blogger RangerBill574 said ... (3:02 PM) : 

They sell those leetle zebcos at Walmart reeel cheeeep. Hope things are going well there niece of mine.

Uncle BIll

 

Blogger Shana said ... (7:21 AM) : 

well helllo uncle bill...and I could just buy one...but my daddy realy wants to get me one.

 

post a comment