Friday, June 09, 2006

a letter

Hello Neighbor,

Since I can not get any where near you without you yelling at me or my family I thought I would communicate this way.

I am sorry you have problems with my family and friends. When I moved in here I noticed you in your window, being a geriatric nurse at one time in my life I felt for you. To sit there day in and day out watching life go by is undeserved after what I am sure has been a very full life for you. You deserve to get out more. I have wanted to come over and offer my assistance on several occasions but with the small babies it is hard to get away. I have defended you against the kids who get “creeped” out with your constant eye. To be assaulted by you hurt my feelings.

I have tried to keep my yard up despite five kids a husband that works 90 hour weeks and a job of my own. I do this for myself but also for you. If I were in your shoes I would not want to have to look at a pig pen all day. I planted the garden in hopes that the green and flowers would brighten your day too. I keep the trash and “cigarette butts” picked up and in no way do they make it anywhere near your home.

For your information the “painting in the road” was NOT done by anyone in my home. My husband who leaves for work at 4 am chased off the kids that did it….good thing for him or it could have been your house next. We do not appreciate being slandered and assaulted every time we leave our home. We live here too and will probably reside here long after your gone. I was hoping we could have a decent neighborly relationship. The kind you never see anymore in this world…but now I know…you don’t like anyone. I am sorry you feel this way…and wish I could change that for you…

Please know that you do not have to be lonely…my family would love to welcome you…you have pre-judged my children and if you were a bit more respectful to them…they have been taught to respect their elders and the knowledge you posses. They would be over taking care of your yard and helping you out in anyway they could…IF you would just learn to be nice. I have worked hard to produce respectful kids in a world where the word has all but disappeared. I do not appreciate people confirming their belief that the world is all mean…but…well…you have taught them that old people are mean. Thanks for that. Now I have to work even harder to get that thought out of their minds.

Remember just because you feel “used up” your not. You still have a lot to offer this world. Stories of a time when the people were working as a unit to better as a whole and survive, don’t let your stories die, the world needs to hear them.

I am sorry again that we rub you wrong…please quit screaming at us or I will be forced to call the police or social services and report a very old and unstable woman living on her own. I want to see you finish life how you want…but not at the risk of my children and myself…cut out the screaming…we know how to talk…and do not like being called names….by your age you should know better.

Shana Baxter

Comments on "a letter"

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (10:28 AM) : 

If you plan on giving this to her...you should adjust this parapgraph ....

"Remember just because you feel “used up” your not. You still have a lot to offer this world. Stories of a time when the people were working as a unit to better as a whole and survive, don’t let your stories die, the world needs to hear them."

it needs to be an "I" statement.... I found it offensive and would continue to cuss you out..... any little young pup that calls me "Used up"...better FEAR ME!!!

 

Blogger Shana said ... (1:43 PM) : 

lol ya I know...

 

Blogger john r mclay said ... (7:31 PM) : 

you could print this on 8 x 11, and use a wrist rocket to send her wadded up paper(s)- maybe, flaming.

 

Blogger Shana said ... (11:15 PM) : 

Well mom her letter was my blog...I did deliver it to her via a helium balloon in front of her window as she never comes out side.

 

post a comment