Monday, June 05, 2006

Fire Dance

I heard many mention the lack of "Fire Dance" done by PaPa Buffalo...Due to the radiation treatment he recieved on Friday and the Gout in his Big toe his anual fire dance was done on a much smaller scale. Sorry to all who missed witnessing this event (including myself) I hear it took a couple of days, some "black tape" and a few rocks specifically set in just the right locations, (I also heard west is the best direction) as well as the help of any available hand for whittling wood into just the right size for his smoking fire.
Maybe next year......

Comments on "Fire Dance"

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (8:02 AM) : 

I love this picture!!! Nice Photo John P.

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (8:16 PM) : 

I am really surprised that no one has mentioned Homer's fixation with fire! Does it mean anything to any of you that he tried to burn down the cooking tent, when he did not suceed, he tried it a second time! I still cannot believe that you can have flames 12 feet high and not catch the roof on fire! I mean, like I am a quick responder in an emergency and never panick - but all I could do was sit there seeing the flames envelop the walls of the tent up to the ceiling and a cloud of black smoke pouring out the front. If I am lying, I am dying! Where was our photographer when you needed her - it wouldhave been a classic!

 

post a comment