Tuesday, March 21, 2006

It did not freeze last night.

It's called spring fever...a very highly contagious disease of the soul..it's making it's rounds faster than the flu...with more power than superman...surging through the blood stream tickling all the senses and making every one BITCHY!!!! Well everyone at my house anyway...sent the kids out yesterday hoping a romp in the snow would cure them for awhile...that lasted untill their little feet hit the snow...they sunk!!!straight down...I pulled them to their feet to discover that they were soaked!!! That means under all this new fallen snow spring is pulling through...a layer of snow on top of a foot of slush...on top of MUD!!! Mud is a proven sign of spring...Mud means that it is almost planting season...mud...a mess for my home but a song for my soul...Dont get me wrong I would rather live in Alaska and deal with the snow than in Washington and deal with the rain...believe it or not it is warmer here...or at least feels like it most of the time. I do howerver know that by this time in Washington the daffodils are blooming and the tulips are sprouting their little green selves from their winter slumber....We still have a few weeks befroe the flowers arrive but under my window I have mud...and now I am listening for the rain...

Comments on "It did not freeze last night."

 

Blogger Princess Sarah said ... (8:24 AM) : 

Hey thats right, same thing out here, the snow we just got, most of it melted away. now its just slushy poop out here, I just dont want anymore ice. Im am in full spring fever mode now, want to air out the house, and clean clean clean, I cannot wait for summer, its just around the corner

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:29 AM) : 

You have to love this "spring", there is no sign of slush here, but we are sure goinjg to have alot of water when spring does show up! Would write more, but one more time I have to go start up the snowplow and try to figure out whree I am going to push it, starting to run out of room. Got just a touch last night, just enough that you have to plow. I am tired of my Chevy and looking at the backside of the plow blade! Someday, I am going to make it into a "planter box" for my flowers - after I move to Arizona!

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (12:39 PM) : 

Gut instinct told me while I was out plowing snow, that this is likely the last time I would havce to do it this year! Yeh!

 

Blogger Shana said ... (6:57 AM) : 

My gut is telling me the same thing father...lets hope...

 

post a comment