Monday, April 28, 2008

Gee What timing.

Now I may be to blame for this last snow fall, but I would like to say..."the early bird gets the worm"!

My bags are bagged and the yard was raked. The piles of trash are awaiting "Free Dump day". Which happens to be this weekend. Now I am glad I took advantage of the spring thaw we saw briefly. My garbage will be hauled to the dump on "free day". Hehe...with the cost going up I was hoping to catch this day.

Not sure what we will do about Anchorage clean up, unless this snow melts. Wonder if they will put it off for a week?

Guessing the Wolf pack will be wandering the woods again this weekend, carrying their orange bags and collecting trash...some neat prizes are still won on this day here in Anchorage.

I remember it as a kid, I think it was even the year it all began, I will admit to being that old. I was 10, the school handed out the bags and for every bag we brought back full of garbage we received a raffle ticket for a drawing. I won a stereo that year. I wanted the bike, but a stereo was way cool too.

So to all the LA residents....Happy Spring Clean Up....hehe now it is spring right?

Comments on "Gee What timing."

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (8:55 AM) : 

Spring cleanng started here yesterday, your mother was out raking the lawn, she did a good job as I sat on the deck and supervised the activity. Today, I think she will have the "yellow" sacks in tow and will be cleaning the beach road. Spent a little time at the pond at the end of the beach road looking at the ducks and geese yesterday. Four species were laying over, two goose species and two duck species. Dutch got in a little time tolling, although the geese did not approach him, they stopped and watched, a few took flight but came right back in. A couple more trips and he will have them coming to him. It was first attempt at tolling.

 

Blogger john r mclay said ... (6:47 PM) : 

what are you doing fighting birds for the worms? if you're hungry, i could spare a sammitch.

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (7:30 PM) : 

There were no birds harmed in our experiment, the geese were a little leery and watched him but the ducks paid him no mind, a few more trips and we will be tolling, want to get them up close enough that we can pet them.

 

post a comment