Saturday, April 26, 2008

OK FINE IT IS ALL MY FAULT!

Fine after this fine night...9pm and still 50...grass and tulips...I spent the next day getting out the lawn mower, charging the week wacker, and washing my truck. The kids played in the puddles and begged for the sprinkler or swimming pool....

and now....
but it was not over yet....ten more inches fell....and we were forced to retreat to the house...and find a new media...


So the mower is buried in the snow in the back yard...the Yukon was buried in the drive way...and no plows are running the back roads...so our neighbor, bless his heart...plowed all of our driveways, he plowed Markstrom, and he plowed the berms away...so tomorrow...rain and warmth...guess flooding next??

A beautiful snow fall, have not seen one like it in many years...it started and just did not quit. I loved it, but I will enjoy raking it back out of my yard as soon as I find my hip boots!

Comments on "OK FINE IT IS ALL MY FAULT!"

 

Blogger john r mclay said ... (7:32 AM) : 

I wasn't going to blame anyone, but, thanks. You might need more than a rake to clear the back yard, sister. Maybe a dump truck and front end loader.
It IS melting fast. I shouldn't need that pump for a couple of days but this run-off might need more than a simple siphon hose.

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:33 AM) : 

I really do feel sorry that your "spring" has been delayed for a few more days, gee, that is really to bad that you got over two feet of snow at the end of April. I feel so bad, but what can I do. I took my blade off the snow plow for the season and jacked up the truck and put it on blocks so the tires would not get a flat spot so I cannot bring it north to bail you out. I feel so badly, I just don;t know what to do, I think about your snow problems while sitting on the back porch, taking my morning coffee and watching the grass turn green and leaves budding. Spring is such a nice time of the season, the re-birth of anotehr summer season. It was so nice sitting on the deck last evening and watching the sun drop below the mountains, a little warm breeze, just enough to blow back the mosquitos. Being that it is Sunday, a day of rest and not getting home until almost 2 am this morning after doing a benefit auction for 4.5 hours, I think we will take it easy, perhaps do a little work in the box garden and get it ready to plant later in the week. The tackle storage unit can wait for a day, since I have almost lost my voice, I cannot do any carpentry work because I can't talk to myself, especially when I make a "goof" which is quite often. If it was not so sunny, I would take a nap.

 

Blogger Shana said ... (10:18 AM) : 

Take a nap father...you sound like you need one...lol

 

Blogger Golden Granny said ... (9:51 AM) : 

Why should I bother responding to anyones blogs? Your father always beats me to the punch & says almost exactly what I'd say. Oh well, I guess great minds think alike!! And, I'm not fast enuff, bored enuff or early enuff!! Oh well - our snow didn't last very long I'm pleased to brag.

 

post a comment