Friday, November 23, 2007

The Season has begun....

Tis the Season to be Jolly....and I sure am cause I am not out shopping on Black Friday. In fact...I am almost done shopping....cause I got it together this year early...Thanksgiving was wonderful and filled with enough food to feed three third world countries...in fact we had so much food we are going back to do it again tonight.

We had several new dishes on our table this year...mostly revolving around deserts...but Tara has a secret recipe...one that turns sweet potatoes into heaven on your tongue...I ate so many I feel like a sweet potato...all the food including one whole pie to myself...and I lost three pounds!! WTF? So much for my goal to get fat this Holiday Season...but...I wont quit trying...bring on the Christmas Candy!!

So today is the day...my decorations come out...but I feel like it is Easter...looking outside...maybe just maybe the weather improving was just so we could decorate without frost bite. Maybe God decided I have burned my fingers enough for one year.

So it is off the the video store...for movies to keep the kiddos busy...and time to start hauling...the lights MUST go up....

Comments on "The Season has begun...."

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (10:53 PM) : 

Tis it not better to hang the lights when it is 40 degrees than at -10 degrees? As soon as you finished your lights, please come south and complete mine, the roof is bare of ice or snow, don't want to have to tie myself off like I have had to do in the past. In fact, I think it is a great concept, if you and little sister come do it for our poor aging mother and father, who really should not be on the roof. I will assist in making a wiring diagram and layout how I would like the job completed, as well as make hot egg nog drinks, spiked with just a touch of rum, brandy, and Irish cream and platters full of fudge, turkey sandwiches and pickled tongue. I figure you can complete the task in two days of steady work but better allow time for four days. Dana Bear has already done her house, maybe she will help as well.

 

Blogger Shana said ... (12:17 AM) : 

Hey maybe Dana will come do mine...then we will come do yours...but keep that diagram away from me...or Heidi may end up hanging from the roof....

 

post a comment