Sunday, September 18, 2005

"gimmee my coat"
Sitting at my computer today I heard the child scream.."get me my coat!" This went on about ten times before with a smile of understanding as only a parent would know, I stepped out on the porch to watch the ensueing arguement. I was amazed to see it was a young boy and the offender was his dad. This young man was on his little motor bike and obviously wishing he had remembered his coat. His father was not jumping all to fast to retrieve the thing but he was also ignoring the child who continued to scream "GET ME MY COAT." Many would say paddle that child or send him to time out....Well I say paddle the parent....(or maybe time out is what he desired.) Children dont "just learn" this behavoir. They practice what their shown....it appears this family had forgotten to use their "magic words". should a parent expect a child to use please and thankyou when they themselves dont? No, that child will handle issues the same way he/she sees the adult figures in their lives do it. Demanding a coat is not only rude but in the time the kid has sat and screamed I could have ran three coats up the street to him, after purchasing them at Freddies down the street. so someday this child is going to end up in a disaggreement and his only coping skills will be to scream....."get me my coat." This my friends is the future of America. my reality

Comments on ""

 

Blogger Anna said ... (11:38 PM) : 

Did you get your Cat husher out?...that would have gotten him movin

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (9:24 PM) : 

Please and thank you those r the magic words...if you want nice things to happen those are the words that should be heard......


LALALALLA

 

post a comment